“Wonderful Food! Worth the trip”
Review of Wormwood's Restaurant - CLOSED

Wormwood's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2013

this is one of our favorite places to eat in Maine. It's been there forever but the food is still great. You must try the broccoli salad, sounds strange but it's excellent. The usual lobster and seafood dishes are great and the strawberry shortcake was the best all year. Go for a stroll on the breakwater for the views after dinner. Excellent

1  Thank Caroline H

Reviewed 9 July 2013

New to the area. Friends took us to this restaurant. I thought we were going to Huet's where we have always had fabulous food. Walked into Wormwoods. Smelled like pee. This place is way past time for a complete remodel. No air conditioning so it was hot. Our waitress who works as a social worker during the day was less than pleased to be there I think. Not very friendly. When I asked for a fork she took one from another table and actually threw it at me. Nice. She perked up a bit when she brought the check but was very curt. The food. Just go somewhere else. Two of us ordered stuffed haddock. The stuffing (which is on top of the fish) was nasty and dry. The fish was dry. This was for both of our orders. Run away fast. Do not even stop to read the menu.

3  Thank Glynis407
Reviewed 9 July 2013

...and stress the first syllable. If you are a fan of deep fried seafood (all coming from the same fryer who's grease may have been changed last week) and inflated prices, then this place is your Valhalla. The times and contemporary approaches to food preparation have passed this place by. thirty years ago Wormwood's was a fun outing. Now it is just a large tourist trap. Where do they get those rolls? I thought Cushman's stopped making them when they went belly up 45 years ago.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 2 May 2013

After looking at reviews, I called and asked were they open if so up to what hours. I was told they are open till 9 PM. We for there at 7 PM, there were three or four tables people were there. I asked what is cost of Lobster, since it showed market price on the Menu. I was told they opened last weekend and they do not have it. I asked what is your best dish, I was told by another customer that waitress also agreed with "Lobster Pie". I asked do you make it from scratch or you just warm it up. My wife ordered salmon, but both of the dishes were disappointment. Seemed like they warmed Lobster in Microwave and it was hard that needed lots of chewing. We were hungry expecting good food, we got it down with Pinot Grigio and said thank you and left. I am sure in season they must be doing good or I do not know who are writing their reviews that tourists go there once and next time someone else comes in? It was a disappointment.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The food and atmosphere are excellent! The owners are so friendly and really care about your dining experience.

1  Thank Lisa C