“My favorite from my trip to Maine !!”
Review of Island View Inn

Island View Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Centereach
“My favorite from my trip to Maine !!”
Reviewed 8 October 2011

What a charming place !! the rooms are decorated so beautifully, very romantic......very clean, comfy bed, a view to die for, balcony, binoculars, great location and reasonably priced ! What else can I say except this was my favorite place on our trip to Maine and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYAnnie13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Hopkinton
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this beautiful inn. We came upon it last year by accident, and I'm glad we did. This summer we called and asked for the same room again. We stayed on the bottom floor so we had an outdoor patio onto the grass. All the rooms have a deck looking out onto the ocean and a view of an island. Binocculars are included on the desk. The room is spotless and decorated in a nautical theme. Everything is perfect and freshly painted. If I had to find anything wrong, maybe the bed was a little hard, but really I am not complaining. I really enjoyed my two nights at this little inn tucked amongst beautiful gardens and a fantastic view. You could stay right in Camden and spend a whole lot more money, but really? Why would you. Don't hesitate to book a room.

Room Tip: Don't worry, all rooms come with a deck, binocculars and a wonderful view of the ocean. Outside...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bfg11
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We have stayed at the properties owned by Ken for six years. Each year, promptly on April 1st the first phone call is to Cindy to book the same room at Island View. We began staying four days, then a week, then ten days. We always left wishing we could have more time. This past visit, we decided that one week was not enough so we spent a glorious 2 weeks at one of the owner's other properties, Cove House. Now we can't wait to a 3 week stay in 2012!! Whether your time is limited to one night or 3 weeks... You will be back!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Louisiana2
Reviewed 12 September 2011

From the service, to the view, to the room - everything was absolutely amazing! We were getting in late and they were able to accommodate us! For the price, you cannot beat it. The room felt sooo comfortable - the bathroom was super cozy....and the view...amazing...at night and in the morning!

There was a fridge available and plenty of towels for showering...

Can't wait to return - You made our trip amazing in a short amount of time - wish we could of stayed more than one night!

Room Tip: We called the day of - and got a great room for the night - so always call in and check for rooms ev...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank souriez438
Washington, DC
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I found the Island View Inn here on Tripadvisor while planning our trip to Maine and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip. I really wanted a place that we could use as a base so we could take tay drips to Camden, Bar Harbor, Rockport and Rockland. We stayed for three nights and were so happy with our choice! The owners are very friendly, the room was perfect, the whole place was spotlessly clean. We love our views from our balcony and actually slept with our curtains open so we could watch the sunrise over the water. After touring around the surrounding towns, we relaxed in the pool then got ready for dinner. The free wifi worked fine for me and the owners told me they were going to upgrade the server soon. I never had any issues with the wifi. Another thing we loved about this place was the garden and fountains. It was truly a beautiful setting and the perfect place to stay in Maine. Check out our photos and you'll see what we are talking about.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
0.1 km away
Grand Harbor Inn
#2 of 10 in Camden
6.4 km away
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport

Been to Island View Inn? Share your experiences!