See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 August 2009

This hotel is a work in progress that is progressing nicely. The owners had been in the remodeling business, and their experience in that realm is obvious.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

It is located directly across from Down East Magazine, high on a ridge as the title indicates.

The owners have short, medium and long-term goals, and my view is that those goals will be accomplished.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank markforunc
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Gil & Nira made us feel like we were long lost relatives coming back home for a family reunion! The room and the grounds are meticulously kept. We were there for the annual Lobster Festival and we were treated to a wonderful lobster festival right on the Inn grounds (we were told where to get the live lobster and Gil - the owner - cooked them for us "the way we eat them here"). Wonderful experience for myself, my wife and our pooch (they are VERY pet friendly)! We will go back there again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HogRoller
Reviewed 14 August 2009

It's not easy traveling with 3 small children. Especially wanting to stay in a small inn. There was plenty of room for the kids to enjoy the big beautiful yards.... It felt really private, though at least one night they were full. The beds and sheets were luxurious.
Nira was so gracious. Home-baked cakes and yummy coffee. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. I would definately return.
We stayed 5 nights... the last two nights of our stay in Maine we moved to an inn on the water, with a beach. Just to get that experience. I wish we had just stayed at the Spruce ridge. I liked it much better.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Melmc23
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I recently stayed at the Spruce Ridge Inn on route to a family wedding. The hospitality shown by Nira and Gil was first class and they really went out of their way to make the three of us feel welcome. Rooms are clean, attractively decorated and spacious and although the establishment is situated on a busy highway, the traffic noise is not at all obtrusive. Breakfast (coffee/cereals/fruit/muffins, etc) is provided and for other meals there is a very good restaurant/diner just down the road towards Rockland, which itself is only about 1.5 miles away. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank Northeastparty
Reviewed 1 August 2009

We stayed there during the Rockland, Maine Lobster Festival. The owners couldn't be more accomodating. The room was lovely and had just been renovated. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it, if you want a more personal experience and not the standard corporate chain establishments.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple