My girlfriend and I were looking for a quiet place to get away for a couple of nights. The mid-coast region of Maine is spectacular, and The Ledges offered a great king-size room with a beautiful ocean view at a very reasonable price. The room was warm and comfy, and offered a computer (with free Internet), as well as a DVD player with several movies, a Keurig coffee maker, and an electric fireplace. The property was very quiet and the staff friendly. There are several places to eat in Rockport, and both Rockland and Camden are just minutes away, each offering many outstanding places to dine. Oh, and for you guys - if you're looking for a great place to propose, the Vesper Hill Children's Chapel works wonders - she said yes!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 miles south of Camden and set a top a small ledge overlooking Penobscot Bay, the Ledges is a classic Maine motel with panoramic ocean views. The property is nestled at the foot of a cove on 9 oceanfront acres with 900 feet of shoreline. Our hillside location overlooking the bay offers guests the perfect vantage point to spot tall-masted schooners, sleek yachts cruising the bay, and lobster boats hauling traps right off our shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ledges By the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ledges By The Bay Hotel Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Rockport
- Ledges By The Bay Maine/Rockport