All reviewscontinental breakfastindoor poolmaine lighthouseone bedroom unitliving areabeds were comfortablebrass compasswood floorsprivate balconyking size bedeasy walking distancerestaurants and shopsnice staymain streetdowntown rocklandlong weekendyogurt
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I stayed in RCI one bedroom unit #307 for 2 weeks. I didn't care that the private balcony overlooks the parking lot, because I had a beautiful view of the ocean and boats every day. This refurbished unit had blonde wood floors, granite kitchen counter, king-size bed, bedroom jacuzzi (which I used several times), flat screen TV in living room & bedroom, nicely done bathroom with great shower head, and a kitchen stocked with everything I needed. The hotel is in an excellent location for walking, eating, shopping, day excursions & movie going. Rustica Cucina is a top-notch Italian restaurant a couple blocks away. Atlantic Baking Co. is also nearby and produces tasty bakery. If you love Pecan Sticky Buns like I do, Home Café is a must. Some may call the Inn tired, but I call it seaside charming. Only a couple hours drive to Bar Harbor. I recommend staying at Bar Harbor Motel (very clean & friendly) a couple of days to properly see Acadia Natl Park & town.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank BAS-WI
AimeeLiberty, Owner at Trade Winds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hello,
Thank you for the kind words. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our nice little town. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks

Reviewed 14 June 2018

The room was comfortable and was well equipped. The bay was in view from the balcony. The location was also with in a few blocks of downtown which was filled with unique shops and good eating options.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank NormaEH
Reviewed 5 June 2018

When you stay at the Bay View you expect to have a bay view not a tiny window over looking a parking lot. Most motel rooms are larger than our room with a double bed, half a couch, small tabe and small chest of drawers that wouldn't hold all of our belonging.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank car0lannmatthews
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Trade Winds as a result of a timeshare exchange. The room and facility are acceptable, generally clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly, but woefully uninformed about local landmarks, resraurants, and events. For example, they provided incorrect directions to a restaurant less than 1/2 mile away on Main Street. The staff also did not tell us that due to our exchange room service was not included and we were told by the front desk to leave our used towels and trash outside our room door on a daily basis (huh?). Lastly, there is a nominal charge for the buffet breakfast, it's not free as advertised. Trade Winds is located close to major atttractions such as the Farnsworth Museum and many restaurants, a plus. We'll be looking for other accomodations in Maine before we return to Trade Winds.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nomad0921
Reviewed 25 May 2018

My husband and son and I spent 3 nights at the Trade Winds. We were supposed to be there for 5 nights but left early. We belong to the Hilton Vacation Club and RCI Club so maybe that is why we were treated like second class guests. Perhaps regular hotel guests are treated better.

We were told that after 3 nights we had to switch rooms because "they had other guests coming". I asked if they were giving us a room upgrade for the inconvenience. They said oh no you'll get the same type of room. I asked if we would get anything for the inconvenience. They said no. I asked why this was happening since we booked the room 5 months ago. They said the other people must have booked a year ago. They said that my hotel confirmation said we may have to switch rooms. I showed them my confirmation. It never said that. They said it should have said that.

Today was the day we had to switch rooms. We packed up in the morning asked which room we would be moving to. They said our room would not be ready for another 5 hours and we should just go out and enjoy our day. I said that we did not want to be without a room for 5 hours. I said this is wrong. Don't you think this is wrong? Oh yes they said it is wrong but there is nothing we can do about it.

Also, being RCI members we were only entitled to clean towels and having the trash removed everyday (which we knew about and were fine with this - no other housekeeping). We did not once get clean towels or had our trash emptied.

My family and I packed up and checked into the Hampton Inn right down the street. We got a much bigger room and they accommodated us on the holiday weekend.

We will never return to the Trade Winds or ever recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family