All reviews indoor pool continental breakfast maine lighthouse beds were comfortable brass compass living area private balcony nice stay downtown rockland restaurants and shops main street yogurt art museum tradewinds condo waterfront accommodations
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while on our honeymoon, as my grandma was able to book a room with her timeshare points. We stayed in a newly remodeled room. It was very clean, but that's about all the hotel has to offer. It didn't really seem like the room was totally finished. For example, there were no towel racks or hooks in the bathroom. The towels just sat next to the sink. We were told we had an ocean view room, while technically we could see the water, it was a bit of a stretch. The staff was fine, not overly friendly, but not terrible. I do have to say I was very nervous to stay here, after seeing the Hotel Impossible show about it. When I called to ask about our room, I was told we were in a smaller room that didn't have windows. We had to pay an extra $100 per night from what my grandma had already spent in points from the timeshare. While I think it was worth it in the end, we did feel a bit ripped off. I am still trying to figure out, however, exactly how a room with no windows is legal. Overall, I'm not real impressed with the place, but not disgusted either. I wouldn't recommend it for anything special, but it is fine if you just need a place to crash for the night. Luckily, we were hardly in the room at all during our 4 night stay. I do encourage everyone to ask a lot of questions about the specific room you are getting. It seems like there are some extreme variations throughout the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cheryl L D, Director of Sales at Trade Winds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for your review, I am glad that Ali was able to get in touch with you and work things out. It seems that you were moved without her knowledge. I hope that you will be able to visit us in the future.
Best

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Many issues! We stayed here last year and really LOVED it! Great room, great location and a really good breakfast! This year was a VERY different story! I am glad that I called ahead to check on our reservations because We were to have two rooms with two double beds that I reserved a YEAR AGO to be side by side in the same location that we stayed in last year, perfect view of the harbor and festival. When I called they had us down for two King rooms, not going to work with kids along! They said they would see what they could do but never called me back. So I called them back and they said that we did get the problem fixed and that we had our side by side double bed rooms. Well they were beside each other but with a hallway in between so our balconies were no where near each other like I wanted. One AC didn't work well. There were exposed electrical wires in the hallway. NOTHING was finished. Still dirt in the bathroom. Daughter cut her big toe wide open in the stairway due to only unpainted plywood on the landings and it felt un-sturdy and very splintered. Going out to dinner one night, on the way out the door I brushed against the wall and was covered with drywall dust! Door know wasn't secure. Had to put a blanket up on the balcony window to block people on the stairwell looking at them, very weird set up ! No caulk around the tub, floor was horrible finished. Stains on the drop ceiling from the sprinkler system that was jammed through the drywall. Our view was NOT of the harbor but of the parking lot !! The breakfast HORRIBLE, hard boiled eggs and a machine that shot out pancakes, coffee ran out both days. We talked this place up last year after our stay and got more people to come with us this year. We were made fun of by our friends for picking this place! You could hear through the walls. Our door key-cards wouldn't work, we had to have them reset a few times. There were NO SIGNS in the hall ways to tell you where to go to find the pool or the sundeck or anywhere, so we are wondering all over trying to find our way through a maze of hallways. There was NO MIRROR in my room, no coffee pot - 2 very important things!!! Very upset with this place! We love coming to Lobster Fest but this really ruined our experience this time. We do not want to go back to this hotel. It lost its charm. I book this a year ago and I was expecting the same thing, not this job site vacation.

Room tip: good luck!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Angela,
Did you contact the front desk about any of these issues? I am sorry that you did not like the breakfast and the coffee did get ahead of us but we did replenish it as quickly as it brewed. Please call me, I would like to speak to you about your stay.
With regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely amazing renovated rooms & beautiful views from patio. The ease of walking downtown for stores & restaurants is ideal!! The accommodations in the Inn with fridge & microwave are great for kids. The new construction livened up the decor & the vibe is energetic! s up and for hospitality!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Angelique F
Cheryl L D, Director of Sales at Trade Winds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Hello Angelique,
Thank you for you kind words, Aimee and our team have worked very hard to make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Our recent stay was disappointing. Although very clean and clearly repainted, the small room AC unit was so loud no sleep was had. Even with heavy duty earplugs. We might have opened windows but we would have had no privacy as there were only heavy, moth eaten black out drapes. And it was still hotter outside. Price was okay and booking for only one night versus a two night minimum was a factor but we will not go back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank bagaducemom
Cheryl L D, Director of Sales at Trade Winds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Hello
Thank you for your comments. We are working hard to upgrade all of our rooms and replacing all of the soft lines in the rooms. I would like to talk to you about your stay so that I know what room you were in so that we can repair or replace the AC unit. You can reach me at 207-206-6213.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Was a little let down when we arrived. Had stayed here several years ago and had fond memories.

Construction going on that I didn't know when I made the reservations. Because of construction there were sporadic power outages and we were unable to use elevatos. That would of been great if we were not on the3rd floor.

Wifi didn't work in the rooms if you used an Apple product.

It appears that this inn is turning into a time share location.

The biggest disappontment was no more hot breakfasts!! The continental breakfast was definately not worth bragging about.

I would not stay here again based on this visit

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tbone59

Hello,
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We do have some time share rooms but most of the hotel is and will remain hotel rooms. We are upgrading all of our hotel rooms and these upgrades will be done soon. Please call me so that we can talk about your stay. 207-206-6213.