All reviews fire pit front desk ferry terminal great location great view of the harbor breakfast was included shops and restaurants keurig coffee maker rooms face two queen beds oatmeal hotel is located staff was very friendly and helpful nice breakfast would definitely stay here again within walking distance mini fridge
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Our stay at Rockland Harbor Hotel was very pleasant. The room is big and with two queen beds, it is perfect for a family of four. This hotel's decoration style is quite modern which fits my taste very well. The balcony and its view are lovely. The continental breakfast is reasonablly good. The only complaint I had is the air conditioner. It is rather old and noisy, but I think the window unit is quite common in this area anyway. BTW, we had dinner at Ada''s Kitchen and we enjoyed our time there.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018

My husband and I stopped for a relaxing one-night stay at the Rockland Harbor Hotel. Given the previous reviews, we felt this was going to be a great choice. However, upon arriving, we were disappointed to find this hotel was situated on a busy street, and while it's overlooking the harbor, its not a pretty view. The rooms are all updatednicely, beds are comfy, but the air conditioning unit in our first room was so loud, we had to be asked to be moved. Luckily they found us another room. Staff was very accommodating and breakfast was nice. In addition, while the town of Rockland is within a very short walking distance, if you arrive after 5:30PM, all stores are closed. If in the area again, I will probably choose another part of Maine that offers a quieter environment.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We booked the night before arriving at this hotel. The room was clean and easily accommodated our family of five. We requested a sofa bed, but one was not available. A staff member quickly delivered a cot that was likely more comfortable than a sofa bed to the room. Breakfast offered enough options that everyone in my family was pleased. The location is central, and there are lots of food options within a short walk.

About two hours after leaving, I recognized that I left my wallet in the room. I called the front desk, the room was searched, and the wallet was found! It was mailed priority mail at no charge to me! I am grateful for the honesty and integrity of the staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018

The hotel was nice enough. Clean. Friendly staff. We were not expecting the harbor views to be of a working harbor. The photos in the brochure were not exactly what we saw as a view from our room.
Not sure we would go back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

A group of us planned a vacation aboard the schooner Ladona (great time, separate review). We arrived a day early to do some sight seeing and we selected this hotel and it worked out perfectly for us.

My wife and I arrived a little early and although our room wasn't quite ready yet they checked us in and gave us our key and said they'd get the room ready immediately. Then she helped us locate a nice place for lunch and pointed out several local attractions that were in walking distance.

The lunch she recommended was delicious. We enjoyed our walk around town to the places she suggested. When we returned, the room was ready and it did not disappoint. The room looked and smelled very clean and it had a nice view of the harbor as advertised. The housekeeping staff had left us a hand written welcome note. The beds were very comfortable. The AC was effective and quiet. Although we didn't end up using them our room was equipped with a mini fridge and a coffee maker. Like the rest of the room, the bathroom was clean and the shower had good temperature and pressure.

There was a fire pit on the front patio that we sat at during the evening and had a few drinks. They shut off the fire at 11:00PM but they didn't force us to leave the patio which we appreciated.

The breakfast buffet had traditional stuff such as eggs, cheese omelets, toast, etc... It wasn't anything fancy but it was good. We enjoyed it out on the patio again.

The location is spectacular. It is right across from the harbor and within walking distance to the cute downtown area which has lots of shops and attractions. And it's an easy drive to a few of the other attractions such as lighthouses, museums and wineries.

There is ample on site parking as well. It was nice to park our car and then be able to walk to other destinations.

If we come back to Rockland then we'd definitely choose to stay here again. The location is unbeatable, the staff was great and the rooms were very nice and clean.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends