“Ignore papa Johns next door. Location doesn't do this place justice.”
Review of Ginza Town

Ginza Town
Ranked #292 of 628 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I've been to Ginza several times for lunch before and it was consuming their sweet potato roll that moved me to write this review. Those little sushi rounds are little bits of heaven. Everything I have tried here is really delicious. The pork gyoza (dumplings) are delicious and don't get me started on the chicken curry. Really quality food here and quick too! Perfect for lunch and take out. The owners are really lovely too. I always feel comfortable here. They are currently updating the place. New paint, logo. Getting a more modern feel I think. Matching the ambience to the food. Clean and delicious.

2  Thank roxy278

Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

This hidden gem has a cult like following and for good reason. The food is outstanding, the prices can't be beat, and the owners are wonderful. I cannot recommend it enough.

1  Thank Amanda O
Reviewed 21 January 2016

I was introduced to Ginza Town back in the summer of 2014; it has become a regular haunt for me, as well as my colleagues and friends! They offer a variety of Vietnamese, Japanese, and Chinese dishes… Don’t let the location fool you, this is some of the best sushi I’ve had in Portland, and the overall experience is just lovely. It’s a small space, and the couple that owns/runs Ginza is just so sweet. In short: The food = A+; the service = A+; cost = A+! I have not tried any delivery from them, so I cannot speak to that… this is by far my favorite lunch spot in the Deering area, and the location to the Portland campus of University of New England is nothing short of perfect! I’m looking forward to my next lunch “date” at Ginza!

2  Thank KZS215
Reviewed 28 August 2015

sushi to start and end up with a Vietnamese vermicelli to end the meal . took the family out for lunch .the people at this place are so friendly its like being at home. all the food is fresh and great I had the vermicelli with spring roll and beef loved it . the even made a special dish for my grand daughter

1  Thank thedipman
Reviewed 11 August 2015

I like Ginza Town which is a small, unpretentious restaurant serving excellent sushi and other Japanese food as well as some Thai. The service is generally excellent but when we were there most recently they had a very large party which slowed the service down. I recommend Ginza Town.