“Steamed Buns, Yum! Cult Following.”

Bubble Maineia Tea Shop
Ranked #31 of 88 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Reviewed 30 June 2015

I am hooked on the ginger coconut tea. It is the perfect balance of strong and sweet, and it is always served piping hot! It is not the watery tea you usually get at a restaurant or coffee house. This tea is substantial and delicious. The frozen slush drinks come in such fun and refreshing flavors, I love this cool little spot. I am a big fan of asian foods, so when I discovered they serve fresh steamed buns (vegetable buns, pork buns, etc) I had to try them. They are awesome and under $2! For the Ramen noodle cult sect, you have found your Mecca because the noodle bowls they serve here have a devout following. Very unique combinations. Everything here is fresh, and the vibe is upbeat, quirky, and well bubbly.

1  Thank EhrikaMartin

Reviewed 28 June 2015

This used to be our regular go-to for bubble tea and a bun or quick noodle dish and soup. We are saddened and completely disappointed that something has changed so drastically that they can no longer turn out prompt, appetizing food. As part of the Portland area Chinese community, our family will be looking elsewhere (and there are plenty of choices) for fresh, good quality, reasonable Asian fare.

Reviewed 14 June 2015

On a Saturday afternoon, we waited for the restaurant to open. At noon, we tried to order a dish, but were told "the grill has to heat up", so it would be 15 minutes. We passed on that. We also had already been told that steamed buns would take "5-10" minutes because they weren't ready yet. The dumplings were soggy, steamed buns were soggy and bland. It is really too bad - a couple of years ago this was a solid restaurant that we used to regularly go to. But now, poor management, declining food quality - and other really great Asian food restaurants that feature authentic and reasonably priced choices in Portland (Lotus, Mi Sen, Empire, Bao Bao) means that there is no reason to settle for what Bubble Maineia has become.

Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I came in November 23, 2014 with my family for lunch to try out this bubble tea place in Portland. Worst decision we ever made. We had to spend $10 on parking adjacent to bubblemainea. Worst staff ever. Very rude in so many ways. The food tasted frozen and was not good at all. I had better bubble tea in Massachusetts. All I can say about the bubble tea is YUCK! The staff gave so many attitudes. Would I recommend this place? No I don't think so, I rather recommend the nearest McDonald's.

1  Thank Rafael H
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Bubble Maineia is really cute, quick casual dining. The daily specials are a really good deal and their green tea is amazing. We've been a handful of times and would recommend the spicy ramen, curry, house tea, mango boba and pork buns. The prices are really reasonable, service is quick and food is good. Only problem is parking but that is a problem anywhere in Portland.