“Wonderful Old-Fashioned Donut Shop”
Review of Tony's Donut Shop

Tony's Donut Shop
Ranked #8 of 29 Bakeries in Portland
Reviewed 26 February 2018

My husband and I loved this place -- the donuts are delicious and the muffins and other pastries also looked good. We stuck to the donuts and thought all 3 that we chose were wonderful. We also liked the atmosphere. It definitely is not fancy, but it is clean and pleasant. We felt like we went back in time when old-fashioned donut stores were common.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Tony's makes a wide variety of real donuts (as opposed to places that call what they make donuts because they are in donut shapes made out of cake dough, potato dough, etc). They have a wide variety of filled donuts with all kinds of fillings (blueberry strawberry, all kinds of creams) as well as regular donuts of many varieties (chocolate, glazed, blueberry etc). They also have other kinds of pastries such as eclairs. and there is a sit down area with coffee available. Everything is always fresh and first rate. They will dip the donuts in powdered sugar if you want. I recommend the chocolate glazed. My grandsons like the red velvet..

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Not sure if they were old or just awful. Either way, I would never go back. Not worth the calories.

The place is a dump too.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I am a huge fan of the "other famous donut place in town"...however I also trick myself into thinking those donuts are "healthy." This place is your old fashioned donut joint. They are big, plentiful and just the right amount of air, grease and sugar to create a party in your mouth. They are a huge step up from the well known donut chains. Tony's donuts are a well loved local place.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Nothing to write home about.I'll take the Cookie Jar anytime. People rave about the donuts. Not even close to Dunken Donuts