“Authentic dumplings”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

The food here is fantastic. I used to live in Asia and finally real Asian food that hasn't been Americanized. Parking is a bit of a challenge but that's Portland. Prices are not cheap but the food is good and staff is well paid so tipping is not extra. This will be a regular stop for me.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

It was my adult sons birthday and I had a list of places he'd previously mentioned wanting to visit (it's become a tradition for us!) Bao Bao was on the list AND open on Sunday (a couple of the others were not!)
We went in at 7:00 pm (they don't take reservations) and it was perhaps 70% occupied. We were seated in the middle (not great, but not bad).
The three types of dumplings ordered by my family were LOVED. I eat strictly GF and the options were very slim; I had a cabbage cashew slaw, that was huge and tasted very good. Also had a special of the day (brussel sprouts) adapted to be gf. Unfortunately, I started feeling unwell, before even leaving the place. I believe there was some cross contamination or an 'forgotten' gluten ingredient. That said, everything was very flavorful. The tea and drink were good.
We opted out of dessert.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

After following them on Instagram and drooling over the pictures they post we finally had the chance to visit Portland and of course we wanted to try BaoBao Dumpling House. They do not take reservations and when we got arrived there was a line out the door with a 45 minute wait. We didn't have anything else to do so we waited and we were glad we did. It is a somewhat small/loud restaurant but the food was fantastic. We had the Kung Pao Dumplings and Chicken Cashew Dumplings as well as a side of rice. They were addicting! Service was fast and friendly and they did a great job of moving people along to accommodate the wait without making you feel rushed. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

We ate lunch here and had delicious dumplings and great service. The dumplings were innovative and flavorful. The dishes, art décor and service were lovely additions.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on a whim and enjoyed a lunch special of Asian slaw and soft pork rolls. I had never had these before and they were quite tasty and filling. The Asian slaw was so fresh and crunchy and delicious! I ordered the peach and ginger tea which was a perfect accompaniment to my lunch. Place was very busy at 2pm but we lucked out and got a table by window.