“The sweet sauce is divine!”
Review of Slab

Slab
Ranked #95 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We were enjoying a sunny day just walking around the waterfront when a friend messaged me to seek out this location for pizza. We walked up to Preble Street and I'm so glad we waited to eat a late lunch. Our mushroom and onion thin crust pizza was incredible :) I'm picky about how I like my sauce and this was perfect for my taste buds--nice and sweet and on the thicker side as far as consistency goes. The mix of cheeses were delicious and the crust was perfect! They had a great selection of micro brews available too.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

WOW-WOW-WOW. On a recent family vacation trip to Maine, my family from that area took us to one of their favorite Pizza shops in Portland. The SLAB is a perfect name for this Sicilian style restaurant. The 6 of us all ordered a different item from the menu and did some "Taste Mine" trading. These guys have their act together when it comes to fresh, high quality sandwiches and delicious sheet style 36" thick crust Pizza. Another great asset to the restaurant and worth a mention is a member of their Wait Staff. Drake is an outstanding professional at his trade. We will be back.
WT Cote

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I met a colleague here for lunch today, I had never stepped foot in the place, and now cannot wait to go back! From the second I walked in and was warmly greeted by the kind gentleman behind the bar, to the very cool architecture, great ambiance and pleasant service, I was Wowed. The "Hand Slab Pizza" was very large and mouthwatering. My friend had the "Cauli Crust" and not only did it look amazing, but was assured it was. We were checked in on regularly and my only wish was that we were not on a business lunch so that we could have stayed longer and tried one of their vast choices of beer or a glass of wine. Great food, service and overall vibe. Will be back soon, and bring others! Thank you !!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Love this place. Perfect for a solo diner, a couple of friends, or a large party. Inside and outside seating available when the weather is right. Live music outside in the summer. Extensive craft beer menu. And their pizza...mmm good pizza. Great sandwiches, too!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We absolutely stumbled onto this place and loved it. Great service and the pizza was delicious. In full disclosure, I've never been a fan of Chicago deep dish style pizza but this I liked. However, portions are very large. My boyfriend and I split a slice which was more than enough as an afternoon snack.