“best fish and chips”
Review of The Kings Head

The Kings Head
Ranked #104 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I went there for lunch during my vacation, we ate the best fish and chips never eaten. I recommend this place!! they also have good beer and cocktals.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The parking lot was close due to recent paving so we struggled to find nearby parking and ended up paying $5 per hour at nearby lot. We were only guests at 1:30 on Sunday - odd..perhaps everyone thought it was closed due to parking lot closure??!! Our food was good but I constantly had to call our waiter over to get drink refills because he was busy reading a newspaper.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We stumbled upon this place when we were looking for a different restaurant and were drawn in by the craft beer sign out front. The beer selection was huge, including a number of local craft beers as well as national and international selections. I ordered the fish and chips with local haddock and it was amazing. The service was fast and friendly, and it's located right on the water. Nice atmosphere inside as well. I would definitely go back.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I popped in because the sign said they had craft beer. They have a big list and my husband loved the one he chose. My bowl of lobster bisque was full of flavor and lots of tender lobster chunks. My husband's lobster roll was very fresh and tender. The best one he had on our trip to Maine.
It is slightly out of the way but fine if you are looking for a good beer and simple pub fare.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 16 June 2017

The family had a great lunch at the Kings Head on Sunday. Great beer, great beer, nice service (from Morgan!). While it was close to everything, it felt nicely isolated. Lots of patrons then but did not feel crowded. Great place

Date of visit: June 2017