“Large family gathering”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Good Chinese food. Large selection. Great price points for amount of food served. Quick friendly service. Atmosphere laid back.
Great family spot for large gatherings. Full bar. Only draw back sticky menu. All else ok. Will go back again.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My downtown hotel gave me 3 menus and this rated the highest. Dead tired after a lonnnnnnng day, I needed something delivered to my hotel room. The lady who took the order was very kind with attention to detail, calling me back a minute later to tell me the pork dish I ordered included gluten in the marinade. So we switched and I was not sick. Not all places would've bothered to be sure. The delivery young man was professional and prompt. The food is good for the price. Look, I didn't expect fine dining--I was buying convenience and "good." I would recommend this restaurant. Thank you for saving me and serving me when I needed a good meal.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We have ordered Chinese food on Christmas eve for 24 years. This year we had to be in Portland so we took our daughter's advice and ordered from Valley. It was Christmas eve so it took 1-1/2 hours for delivery to arrive. Not unheard of on Christmas eve.

With a $50 assortment of Chinese delicacies, we proceeded to dig in. The beef chow foon was a bit sticky and the beef was not mixed in well. I think it could have used a bit more sesame oil to prevent clumping. Despite my complaints it really was good. The crab rangoon was overpowered by the taste of chive. I've had much, much better. The chicken wings were delish.

I may have been grumpy because I was spending Christmas away from home so I suggest that you try Valley for yourself and make your own decision. Good luck!

Reviewed 24 April 2016

It's a shame that for a city that has such great restaurants that Portland does not have one Chinese restaurant that meets the same standard. There are a few good restaurants but Chinese restaurants should not be so expensive.

Valley Chinese is a good but not great alternative. The best thing is that it is affordable. You can get a dinner combo for around $10-$11. We ordered takeout last week and both got the Kung Pao chicken combo that came with soup, an egg roll and pork fried rice . The hot and sour soup and the vegetable soup would give this a four star rating. Same with the egg roll. However, the Kung Pao chicken, while not bad, was bland and tasteless. I give this two stars.

We will go back because for the value it was a good choice. We will try things other than the Kung Pao chicken to see is they have more flavor.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

If you haven't tried the HIGHLY UNDERRATED Valley Chinese Cuisine, you must! Not fancy...but oh so yummy! The menu is extensive. And they deliver...quickly and at a reasonable rate. They will become your new favorite!