“Family Friendly ”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

We live nearby so this is our go to place for Chinese food. It's a family run business that's great on service with food to match. One of our favorite dishes is Gen Tso's shrimp! A nice change of pace from the traditional chicken. If you're tired from a long day at work they will deliver their specialities right to your front door. Definitely worth a trip if your are longing for a good time out in a family friendly place.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

I'm pretty sure we got Chinese food delivery from Valley's this year on either Christmas or Thanksgiving. It was a holiday and, as always, they were there for us! I'm not even sure if there are any other delivery options for Chinese in Portland, we don't need to look. I'm a big fan of the general tso's chicken and she's a big fan of the soups. Throw in some won ton soup & chicken fried rice and you've got enough food for 3 days. Delivery here is always very fast.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

The soups are great, including the hot and sour soup. NOT at all gelatinous, like so many places make it. Wonton soup full of good stuff and flavor. Pork fried rice good. Beef teriyaki very flavorful, but a bit fatty.

BUT what happened to the days when sweet and sour shrimp was shrimp and veggies in a delicate sauce of pineapple and cherries! This came with giant, disgusting shrimp wrapped in some kind of breading, looking like a corn dog from the fair! The sweet and sour sauce was a plastic tub of neon pink goo, that I presume one is suppose to pour on the corn dog, I mean shrimp. Not. Wow, I don't think I have EVER seen anything more revolting coming out of a restaurant kitchen.

To end on s positive note, eating in is fun, traditional Chinese restaurant decor inside and wait staff super nice fun!

Reviewed 24 November 2014

My husband and I ate at Valley yesterday and were pleased with the experience. He thought the egg drop soup was among the best he had ever eaten. I couldn't say the same about the chicken rice soup. It was ok, but it was not memorable. The entrees, however, were excellent. The beef with mushroom was filled with tender beef in a flavorful sauce. The tried rice was hot and delicious, and the chicken fingers were golden in color and cooked just right. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. The place is comfortable, although the atmosphere is not spectacular. Parking is plentiful. We will return.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is nothing to look at from the outside but the food is good. We had two dinner combinations. Mine was the typical crab rangoon beef teriyaki chicken fingers rice and pork spare ribs. The beef was tender and yummy, the pork was a bit dried out for my liking, the Rangoon was good and the rice was good tasting as well. My wife had general tso chicken, and it was very good. The staff seemed friendly enough, and the prices were reasonable. I would visit again.