“Best Lobster Stew ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner, enjoying the clam chowder and lobster stew. Both were amazing. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the view. The staff were incredibly nice. We would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank Jfaunce77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,848)

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I went here based on the advice of the locals we were working with. Such a great dinner!! One of us had the crab legs, another had a lobster dish and I had the bouillabaisse. All of them were fantastic! The restaurant was busy and had pretty tight seating. Service was great! I can’t wait to stop in again the next time I am in town.

1  Thank briannunya
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Spent a cold, rainy night at J’s. Drinks were good as well as the lobster stew, which was more like a bisque. The crab mushrooms were dry and tasteless so left them a new recipe. Lol. The steamers looked fantastic. We also meet some really nice locals there who had been going there for years.

2  Thank Michele L
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I would rate this place as having the freshest lobster roll of the restaurants I tried during a recent trip. It was served with a fresh — and quite large pickle, along with chips. I also tried a side order of potato salad, which had more flavor than average (oniony taste). Recommended.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

J's feels like a local hangout. The inside is crowded but cozy and sitting at the bar reminded me of the bar scene from The Perfect Storm - Rugged and authentic.

The Oysters on this visit were great. I had half of my dozen as Chesapeake oysters, and the other half of Maine origin, and I couldn't decide which were better.

I would recommend J's for the authentic coastal food and atmosphere.

Been to J's Oyster? Share your experiences!