“Undiscovered EXCELLENT Thai spot!”
Review of Sabieng

Sabieng
Ranked #146 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I stopped in because I was hungry before going to see a show at Portland Stage, and was absolutely blown away! I wasn't sure what to expect, but service was friendly and the food was fantastic! I had simple Pad Thai with Pork, but they add a little extra spice to it. My server (whom was likely the owner) let me know they can transform any dish with the spice mixes they have in the kitchen. Gave my dish a different take, and I really liked that. I was also really impressed with prices - I feel like I got a $20 meal for only $10.

I was glad to enjoy my lunch on a quieter Sunday afternoon, but part of the charm to this place is that I've only been able to find information on TripAdvisor - snagged their business card to find out more, they don't have a Facebook page, Foursquare venue, etc. (That I could find) Amazing little secret in downtown Portland!

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Delicious food. Crispy pad Thai. Drunken noodles. Crab Rangoon. Yum!!! We stopped in for dinner before a show at the Portland stage next door. The place was empty which is unfortunate because the food was great. Very casual atmosphere. We'll go back I'm sure!

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Came here after the theatre located next door. Great food and staff. Family run with great Thai food selection. The Thai ice tea is a little sweeter then other places but the hot tea is a great alternative. The food was tasteful and stayed true to home cooking.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Zipped in here with only an hour for dinner. Really happy we did. Food was exceptional and the service tops. We were treated like real guests. Like lost friends. Food was a tasty mix of Thai and other Asian delicacies. The Crab Rangoons were incredible. The filling was the best we've tasted. The scallops fried rice was delicious as well as the noodles. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

There is very good Thai food in Portland and surrounding towns. What Sabieng brings is a new take! Try it. The food is not all the old familiars...it's an adventure and family owned. And DELICIOUS