“Pholicious!!!”

Saigon
Ranked #233 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 27 January 2016 via mobile

My mom (who is an avid fan of pho) took me here for dinner. They have great selections on their menu. We had the seafood pho and their beef vermicelli bowl, and I was in awe. The broth of the pho is flavorful with generous amount of seafood. Their portion is big, but I can finish the large because it is really good. The vermicelli bowl is delicious as well. This is an authentic vietnamese restaurant, and you will never regret eating here.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

The food here is very fresh and delicious. The ambience is very nice as well. I think this is a great Vietnamese restaurant where the food is not too spicy or over the top. I would highly recommend Saigon Restaurant.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

We decided to have dinner in Portland on our way back to NY and found ourselves on Fore st. Using the trusty tripadvisor and yelp app we started to find a place to eat...and after an hour we were still looking. It was a Monday night and everywhere we asked the wait times were 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Did not expect it on a Monday night but that was our mistake not making a reservation so we ended up at Saigon restaurant. We have eaten a lot of Vietnamese food in Flushing and we are exhausted and starving so...the expectation was not very high. We ordered the fresh spring rolls and I wanted to order 10 more! It tasted so fresh and a big change from the seafood binge we were on the last 3 days. Husband had the pho and put a thumbs up when asked if it was good. The mouth was too busy...I ordered the grilled pork chop over rice...and wished I just ordered the pho...but anyway still a good meal and did not have to pay an arm and a leg. Don't be turned off by the outside, it's located in a strip mall but the food is what you are here for. If you want ambience, then you probably won't mind waiting 2 hours in the more trendier restaurants.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I had the pho. It was tasty and a tad too sweet. But I just hated the after effect of msg. I was thirsty for hours after that. The summer rolls were good, but very small. Another thing that I deplore is sticky table. I had to clean the table with the complimentary jasmine tea that was given. The mini complimentary soup was a nice gesture.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

I eat regularly at Saigon and it is time I wrote a review. I have enjoyed Vietnamese soups for many years and when I returned to the Portland area I began looking for a place to get good Pho; found Saigon. The folks at Saigon are friendly, welcome their guest with a smile, provide exceptional service, great food, good value and thank you for your business.