“bankable lunch treat!”

Veranda Noodle Bar
Ranked #153 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Had lunch here the other day with hubby as he was headed out of town. Great service, fast and warm! The egg-rolls are good and whatever dishes we have ever ordered from here containing duck...have been so delicious!!!!!!!!! Generous helping of add-ins and plenty of spice around to doctor up a great soup!

What was so great was after we ate as much as we could, we asked for take home containers for our left over soup, not only did our hostess help, it was double wrapped and good to go. We later added the broth to their lo mein we ordered to take home and had another three meals!

It is wonderful to stop in here on a wicked cold Maine day, sit by the window and enjoy a great huge bowl of deliciousness! Cozy space, and a great place to bring those that want to learn dishes or teach children about this great food. Easy to understand menu and nice fast service!

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

While on vacation I craved the V15 Noodle dish. Jumped in the car. Drove 30 minutes for takeout! Once home, devoured the whole thing. So.... good. All the items: shrimp, pork, noodles, lettuce, cukes, thai sweet sauce and the egg roll really come together for a tasty treat.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. Excellent food. Really good way to warm up on a cold winters day. Nothing fancy. We had steamed wontons, a pho, wok dish and bun. Everyone left very happy.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

We tried Veranda noodle for lunch after years of hearing great reviews. Service was fast. Our silverware was dirty so we asked for new ones. I chose a vermicelli bowl and we also had a basic stir fry. The vermicelli was fine, nothing to rave about. There was also some chicken that still had some grizzle on it. The stir fry was just what you expect. I really wish I liked the food better, it was just underwhelming.

2  Thank 783m783
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Went with two friends this noon for lunch at Veranda. I love the old-fashioned, somewhat funky room with lots of dark wood. Friendly folks. Comfortable seating. Best of all: fried flat noodles, spiced just as I asked, with perfectly cooked tofu, the tofu itself exactly the way I like it texture-wise. They're open all day, and we wanted to sit and talk, and they had no problem with us sitting around for a couple of hours. If I had a place like this near me in France, I'd be here every day for lunch. Totally unpretentious and very good. Sorry we didn't sample more dishes.