“Succulent omakase”

Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

We had the omakase and sake pairing. So delicious and succulent. Standouts: the oyster in dashi, the duck breast, the toro, and the lobster sashimi. For dessert, chocolate pudding with miso caramel cream. Fabulous.

Reviewed 19 November 2014

We recently went for lunch and for $10 enjoyed the choice of two types of rolls (8 actual rolls served) and Miso soup. I thought the soup was exceptional. We added the edamame side - lightly salted and delicious. A glass of very good wine topped off an excellent lunch. I do not frequent Japanese restaurants so I asked my daughter to critique and she enjoyed it very much saying "while it is not Nobu, it doesn't have Nobu prices either!" Located close to the Portland Harbor Hotel, this small restaurant is warm and inviting and we found the wait staff to be especially friendly.

1  Thank Rhonda A
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Well informed and trained staff. Put honest effort into providing food at atmosphere of restaurants in Japan.

Reviewed 7 November 2014

I'm a foodie and I think that this place has the best Japanese food! I end up getting like 4 sushi rolls because it is so amazing! Love it!

Reviewed 14 October 2014

We went to the flagship restaurant on Fore Street. Very sophisticated, perfectly done. We each had the chef's tasting menu with some similar and some different dishes. We both had the seafood over sushi rice. My husband's was slightly different so it could be gluten free.(They were very accommodating. (Thank goodness tamari has no wheat!) He had the black cod marinated in miso and grilled; I had the outrageous crab cakes with panko (not G-F). We both had the duck grilled with amazing sauce. Finally he had the toro sashimi and I had the lobster roll. (Yes. I paid the premium. I just felt like it and we had been eating lobster rolls every day for lunch, so I figured- let's just see what happens!) Absolutely the cap of the meal and more delicious and outrageous than you could imagine. The meal was perfect from beginning to end. We have had sushi in San Francisco and there is a great place in Philly, but we do not eat sushi or Japanese food as a rule because it is not so easy to get where we live and we are generally picky. This was not cheap, but we were on vacation. On the other hand, if I lived nearby I think I would go anyway - it was that good!