“Excellent Thai Food”

Vientiane Market
Ranked #221 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I haven't tried the Thai food in New York but this is the best Thai restaurant I have found, to date. I love their pad thai, full of spice and flavor excellent portions for a reasonable price. I'll be back, oh yeah, I'll be back.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of the only places we go for our Pad Thai. Never had a bad experience. We get take out but there are three big tables in the store for eating. They also have a large selection of things to buy to make your own specialty food.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

We've been taking out at Vientiane for over 15 years now and were never disappointed.I would say this is the best family run Thai food in Maine .Thank you Vientiane and see you this Saturday again !!!

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I have been here a few times now and they never disappoint! I tend to order Chicken Pad Thai and it can't get better than this.

Reviewed 29 November 2015

Vientiane is not a gourmet restaurant. It's not really even a restaurant. It's a market and take out place with a few tables. But near Brighton Medical Center/NE Rehab and needing something to eat, I was delighted to find that their chicken satays (which are often dry and tasteless) were the juiciest I've ever had (served with a mild peanut sauce)! The Tom Ka Gai (soup) was simple, fresh and flavorful and crab rangoons, were home made tasting. I look forward to exploring some of their main dishes and picking up some dried mushrooms and Asian sauces.