“Friday evening dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 December 2017

We went to Spinney's on a Friday in the early evening. Our server was super nice and helpful. The food was average, and below what we were expecting, but due to the location and view we were still very happy. We walked on the beach until dark and it was gorgeous. The restaurant is a very popular and busy place so going during off hours will save you a wait.

1  Thank 10traveltwosome

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is at the end of the road adjacent to the Popham Historical Fort. There is actually a wide sand beach along the coastline here. Did not realize there was any beach like this in Maine. Spinney's has a large and varied menu. They have great beers on tap. We had lobster rolls which were very good and also great onion rings. Service was efficient and friendly. It sits right on the beach with fantastic views while eating.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

If you want to experience the real Maine get off 95 and head to Popham Beach. It is a remote area off the beaten track. I did not see tour buses. The ride is scenic and beautiful. An experience, you will cherish. Spinnys is a restaurant on the beach with incredible views. I went for breakfast and had a difficult time deciding between the lobster omelet or the crab bennidict. The food was outstanding and reasonably priced. The servers let you have a leisurely meal. The menu for lunch and dinner look fantastic. Don’t miss it.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

On my way to Popham Beach I saw the signs for Spinneys and thought this was a place I needed to try. They did not disappoint. The lobster roll was delicious and the onion rings were crispy, just like I like them. I topped my meal off with a scoop of blueberry ice cream and my meal was complete. My server was really warm and welcoming. It will be a wonderful Maine memory.

The view was fogged over, but I loved watching people enjoying the beach.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

this place has been here a long time. and it serves good food with a great view.
we had the mussels, mainly a light lunch.