New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sea View Motel

Sea View Motel
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Great location on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

The Sea View Inn was in a great location in Old Orchard, a quick walk to restaurants, stores, and amusements. We stayed for two nights over the recent Columbus Day weekend -- myself, my husband, my teenage son, and our dog (pets are allowed in the offseason). We had an oceanfront room which was very clean and comfortable with a great view of Saco Bay. The pool was nice and warm, and the best part of all was that the ocean was just steps away from our room! The staff was wonderful. I've been coming to Old Orchard since the 1950's and this was my first time at this hotel. We will definitely plan to stay at Sea View again!

Room Tip: Views are best from the second and third floors.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NateandJustinsmom
seaviewgetaway, Front Office Manager at Sea View Motel, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed here on Saturday, September 17th for a girls night away. This was a last minute trip. We had a great oceanside room. You could tell the room was just done over. We had two queen beds, a frig, microwave, stove, sink and a really nice counter with two stools to eat on.

Downstairs, in the great room, there is a big screen TV, and an ice chest where you can get bags of ice. Also, coffee, etc all day. They give you a great breakfast included. There were bagels, muffins, english muffins, cereals, all sorts of fruit, plus much more. And, coffee, tea, milk, juice. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in OOB and none of them did that.

The outdoor heated pool is incredible. Even though it was chilly, I still went in, it was great! Also, there are a lot of barbecues around the pool.

Our view was beautiful, and we loved sitting on the deck at night.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. The grounds were kept beautiful.

I def can't wait to go back.

Thanks to Ken for making the reservation for us.

Again, thank you Sea View!

Room Tip: We stayed on the highest floor, room 31, it was great. Also, Pets are allowed after Labor day.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SOX-PATS-FAN
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the amenities we offer. It sounds like you had a very nice weekend away. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
mitchellb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed 3 nights. I choose this place because of the affordable room rates. We deicded to go with a studio room as it was the cheapest and our intentions were not to be in the room much at all so it didn't matter how great it was.....wellllll that all changed when we got there. The motel was great, my only initial complaint and it was one that I got over quickly was the parking was minimal and quickly filled up in the lot right where the motel was. I didnt mind parking across the street it was just harder to unload and carry things in espeically with a toddler. We always got a spot in the lot across the street although one night we had to circle around and go out for a little while longer because when we got there we didnt find a single open spot but later on one became available. Anyway, the parking was nothing that would ruin our vacation, our first vacation as a family that is! The weather was HORRIBLE so we ended up in our room a lot more then expected. I think going forward we would plan for the possibility of rain (duh!) and opt to go with a bigger room with a kitchenette. Our room was fine for what we paid for it, I wasnt expecting a penthouse out of our studio room. The room was bigger than we had expected which is a plus, had a/c which was a plus, and had a bigger fridge than we expected. We laughed about the size of the bathroom but in a good way, it was really small but to be expected with a studio room. The only complaint about the room itself was the bed was itchy feeling because of the material of the blanket on it but we just opted not to use that blanket and please note we did not bring that to the attention of the hotel staff and based on the awesome cleaning/repleneshing job they did each day I am sure it would have been replaced if they were aware. We had plenty of towels and wash cloths which was amazing with a toddler who is messy. We got colds while we were there and used tissues like crazy and those were replenished each day for us. Only one of our 3 days there had good weather and so we took advantage of the beach and brought back more sand with us than we realized and were quite messy unintentionally with the room. The staff always cleaned this up for us and never once complained or said anything to us about it, I know as you are reading this you are probably thinking well duh thats their job BUT it was much more than just their job to us because our son spilled juice on the bed, his food on the bed, he just was a messy kid and we had sand everywhere we overfilled the trash can spilling it onto the floor daily and the staff remained kind....very awesome! My parents stayed in a room with a kitchenette for 2 of these nights and we visited their room and thats definitely the type of room we will get next time in the event we have the bad weather again. Our stay was during the hurricane/tropical storm. In the end we had our first family vacation, learned some things, had some new experiences, and ultimatley were together as a family and thats what matters. Any place you stay is going to have things that you like or dislike about it and if you arent being too overly picky than I am sure most stuff could be worked out with the staff. This is a great place to stay and I look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: Plan for a hurricane :) okay just kidding plan for rain and go with a room with a kitchenette so yo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mitchellb1984
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. How unfortunate about the weather! We hope you can stay with us again at another time to enjoy the beach and all of our amenities. If you ever need help carrying bags to and from your room, our staff would be more than happy to help! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
BeanTown USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was a nice little motel right on the beach in close proximity to the downtown area, about a 7 minute leisure stroll with young kids. We stayed (2adults/3kids) in one of the rooms directly facing the ocean and pool with two queen sized beds and a fold-out futon. The room was pretty tight but that's to be expected when you come to Old Orchard Beach. We've stayed at other motels in the area and generally the rooms are pretty dated and small. Our room had a "kitchenette" which by normal standard will never be mistaken for a "kitchen" it was that small. It was located directly outside of the bathroom all the way to the back of the room. If you plan to cook some meals, it'll be very interesting trying to maneuver around that space. It also didn't help that the room had very poor lighting so visibility could be an issue too. The room also had probably one of the smallest bathrooms I've come across but it was as clean as can be expected. The one thing that really bothered me was the toilet not flushing very well and with young kids and their over-zealous use of toilet paper, I was very concerned! A few times it backed up a little so that we almost had to call the front desk for help. That's not something I want to worry about on vacation.

Probably the best selling feature for this motel is really the views of the ocean from the common balcony and the closeness to the amusement park. Just wish the motel was a little more updated but in general it was an okay stay for the short-term. We stayed for two nights and that was more then enough time for me. For the money they charged, they should at least attempt to improve the decor, and some new bedding would definitely be helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
howard beach ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I read many reviews on this hotel before I booked it. The pros are the location, right on the beach, close to the pier, swimming pool, and barbeque for use. We stayed in a tiny room that was affordable. The one major downfall to me was the bathroom. It was so small and not sparkling clean. I didn't even shower during my stay there. There were many families who seemed to really be enjoying themselves, maybe its just the small little rooms where the bathrooms are no good. I knew going in about the trade offs.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple