“Great place to get away to relax by the sea”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Gull Motel, Inn and Cottages
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days to relax by the ocean. We were very pleased with the location, cleanliness and atmosphere. It was a great place to rejuvinate our senses. Everyone was kind and accommodating. We will definately be back sooner than later!

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I wanted to thank the family run motel for providing myself and my spouse a place to stay for four days and three nights. We had a great time. This place is right on the beach and within walking distance of downtown Old Orchard Beach. My wife and I checked three other motels/Inns before choosing this one. We felt a connection with the owners, more so than any other place on the strip. The rooms were very well maintained and very comfortable. It had a very "Maine" feel to them and it was great coming back from a hot, sunny day on the beach or just a nice walk around town.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

I have stayed here several times over the years, and have always found it to be clean and neat, definetely a cut above the norm for Old Orchard Beach. The location puts it in a quieter location for families, but right on the beach and only a short walk to town. Couldn't be happier with my stays at this location.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

When we arrived at The Gull Motel to check into our room we were greeted by two very friendly hosts. They provided us with recommendation on area conveniences and where to find the best seafood in the area. The room we stayed in had a remarkable view of the ocean. It was inviting with all the necessary amenities to make our stay relaxing and comfortable. The grounds were beautifully maintained and the pool was clean, clear and refreshing. In all, it was a perfect vacation spot.

During the day we spent our time at the stunning beach enjoying the sun and ocean. We would go back to our room to cool off at the pool. Several times while at the pool, our hosts would stop to say hello and ask if we were enjoying ourselves or needed anything. They treated us like guests in their home rather than customers at their motel.

Old Orchard Beach has a very active nightlife. Bars, shops and restaurants lined the roads surrounding the pier and up and down East and West Grand Ave. Several motel establishments closer to the center of town were loud and rowdy. We had a great time walking down to the center but were relieved to come back to The Gull for a little rest and relaxation. It was comforting to know we could enjoy the nightlife Old Orchard had to offer but go back to our room without it.

We made several friends during our visit who have been staying at The Gull Motel for years and we fully intend on coming back next year ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alysia_23
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I am 25 years old, clean-cut with professional appearance. I walked in the hotel with 3 of my female friends, said my name for our reservation, and the two people at the desk began having what appeared to be a panic attack in front of our eyes. They became hostile and flustered, telling us that we absolutely cannot stay here, cancel the reservation because we are all female. They claim they have a policy that no more than 2 people of the same sex can stay at their hotel. DISCRIMINATION???? YES!!!! They could not provide this policy in writing. I have since reported them to the Maine Human Rights Commission. They assume that everyone is there to party and trash the place, and I wouldn't be surprised if they walk by people's doors at night to make sure they're sleeping and don't have the TV too loud. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS and I would NOT recommend staying here. They have no customer service skills whatsoever, and are blaming other people for things they haven't done. If you want to feel like a 5 year old getting grounded, stay at the Gull, because I'm certain they'll make sure you have very little fun, make very little noise, and probably give you a designated bedtime. BIG THUMBS DOWNNNNN

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends