All reviews indoor pool free breakfast next year off season view of the ocean coffee maker we've stayed full kitchen amusement park fred windsong kennedy beach sunrise oob kitchenette maine
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We made a reservation for a room with two beds at the Beach Walk for three nights for 99.95 per night. We get there and realize there is no reception office. A customer tells us we need to go down the street to Alouette Resort to their office for the check-in. Come to realize that Alouette, Beach Walk and Neptune are all owned my the same person, M Fred Kennedy. We are told that the room we reserved was unavailable after all, but we could stay at Alouette instead. We learn that they play around with the rentals with all three motels as if it were one. We go to our room to discover it is the size of a closet, it has only one bed and we have the view of the parking lot. We return and ask to have a room with two beds as we had reserved. They change our room and their is no mention of it being more expensive; however, we are told that this particular room is only available for two nights and we will need to change rooms for the third night, we agree to this. Believe me all the rooms are very very basic and not worth any more than 99.95 per night, The third night we are switched to Beach Walk. Upon our check out we are given two bills that amount to over 500.00 in charges, but we are told don't worry that is not the real amount, that we will not be charged more than our initial reservation. Well, my visa bill comes in and not only was I charged for my initial reservation I was also charged the two bills that I was told were canceled. We called M. Kennedy and he agreed that there was an error and said he would credit our credit card, but he reimburses us our initial bill and keeps the charges of the bills that he had told us were cancelled. So basically we are paying over 150.00 per night for the rooms. When we called him back, his entire story had changed, telling us that we had reserved at Alouette and that the request for changes had come from us, and so on. Basically we could not get our money back. Thankfully our credit card company felt we had enough proof to consider the situation as fraud and they reimbursed us for the overcharge. I believe this man knows exactly what he is doing and I do not recommend staying in any of his hotels, after reading other reviews, he has done this more than once. BEWARE

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Marlene c
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this location based on Trip Advisor reviews. So worth it. I stayed in Room 108. I was able to see the sunrise from the comfort of my suite or walk out my door, down a short Boardwalk and right onto the beach. Absolutely beautiful room. Coffee maker, mini fridge, sink and even 2 burner stove top. They even supply utensils and cups/plates. Will definitely come back here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a night but would have loved to stay another one. The room was very dated but the location was amazing. We were right at the beach. The staff was awesome and they served a fantastic complimentary breakfast. What a beautiful beach.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I stayed in room 5 at the Wind Song location. The Alouette has many buildings and types of rooms. ALL have access to the outdoor pool (at the Wind Song property) AND the indoor pool which is one block away. My room was one on the side of the building and I had a great view of the beach from my sliding doors. The room is small but had one queen bed and a day bed. The photos online are exactly what you will get. The bathroom is small but it has a very nice full size shower (granite tile walls). It's a half mile walk to downtown but it's quiet at night. The patio adjacent to the beach has a grill and VERY NICE lounge chairs. I got a great off season price but would pay the regular price as it is directly on the beach. Great for a solo or couple stay.

Room Tip: Rooms directly facing the beach are the same price if you can get one!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The location of the hotel was great. It was about a 10 minute walk to the pier and fun activities. The hotel was clean and the balcony was great. We could sit outside and people watch. The room had a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was so small that some people may have trouble using the toilet as there is a wall that separates the toilet from shower and therefore the toilet is blocked in a corner with no room to move. Shower is very tiny as well. The walls are paper thin. I listened to our neighbor snore all night and could hear him talking to his wife. Bed was very noisy, every time you move, could be heard in next room. The wifi connection was almost non-existent. In order to keep a connection we had to be on the balcony. In the room, we would get bumped off. Overall, if stuck I would stay again but would prefer elsewhere with more bathroom room and a wifi connection.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple