The room was a decent size. There was a double bed and futon. Standard TV/bureau set up. Bonus was there was a small island and kitchen area. Included dishes, pans, silverware, sink, microwave, mini fridge, washing up soap for said dishes and some counter space. Bathroom was standard with a toilet, sink and standing shower. There was also a small private deck with patio chairs. The room and its contents were not very new, but they did their job. The price was fair. Location was great. We could walk onto the beach in under a minute and could run back to the room easily to grab food or use the facilities. The main pier area was just a short walk, maybe 15 minutes? We had a nice stay. Personally, I prefer new establishments and the wifi was a bit spotty at times. Despite the spotty wifi, we were able to stream movies on our laptop for the most part, they just lagged a bit here and there. Although the room was a bit dated, everything was clean and maintained. Staff was easy to find. Could have done without the train tracks being so close, but they do run parallel to the main beach road, so it is not really possible to get beachfront without being near the tracks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine