this was our 2nd time staying at the Alouette and I was very disappointed in lack of concern form the Male owner. We arrive on the 24th of June for a weeks stay .We checked into our room which was in one of the older buildings and a nice side beach/ocean view.We settled in for the night and started to notice a smell in the bathroom.It seemed to get worst over time .The next morning i happen to catch housekeeping in the hall and asked if he would come and to check the smell,he instantly smelled it and told the other housekeeper and she called to report it .she was told to clean the bathroom .The bathroom was clean and we went about the morning to the beach .We then came in around noon and the room stunk again .I went over to the office and was telling the man at desk who I found out was the owner.He was very rude to me and said he would send someone to check .I said well we would like another room ,he then toss a set of keys down to another room down the hall.We moved to the other room which had less the view,we looked at a yellow and tan house unless you wanted to put your chair under the air condition as it dripped .I might add the railing to the balcony was very loose and rotting .After getting everything settled in that room we headed to town for shopping and dinner .When we arrived back to the hotel we went to the original room we were given by mistake .The room was unlock and it looked as it if they had fire in the fan in bathroom, fire extinguisher was out and had been used, the sliding doors were open with fan in it and the bathroom was a mess and the ceiling had burned marks.I said they must had have a fire while we were gone.I later found out by the head of house keeping who is the female owner that the problem was in the fan and it had a faulty wire .She was very nice and I said oh my lord thank God I have a big mouth and a good nose,lol.I can not even imagine if we had woke up to a fire..The next day they had someone installing new smoke and carbon detectors in the rooms.Also during our stay I had walked over to see if I could get something warmed up in a microwave as we did not have on in our room,once again the female owner was very nice and went to warm it up,as I stood outside waiting the male owner asked me with a stern face are you staying here???This was not the first time he had asked me this as I went to get quarters for the laundry one day and he asked me then.He was not very hospital to me and not at one time did he ever make an effort to thank me for pointing out a major issue in room 53 .If it was me I would have been extremely thankful and either gave an upgraded room or given credit for the one night that we could not sleep due to smell.But I guess that is just me.Also the rooms take forever to get hot water so a lot of water is wasted.I guess if you stay in the new suites you will be ok but the older building is just that old..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alouette is a beachfront destination with a variety of accommodations and levels of ameneties that fit the needs and tastes of both vacationers and business travelers.Ameneties include in season indoor and outdoor heated pools, a fun and casual cafe serving probably the best breakfast in town. Beachfront and ocean view vistas, many accommodations with kitchen facilities.The Alouette Sunrise Suites are brand new luxury suites -- they feature first class concierge level beachfront and oceanview suites, fireplaces, fantastic views from private balconies, soaking tubs, free long distance calls, free wifi, sauna and guest membership in a quality private health club.The Alouette also offers a selection of rooms that are "pet friendly" -- these accommodations includes beachfront and kitchenettes, Jacuzzi suites and economy offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alouette Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alouette Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Alouette Beach Old Orchard
- Alouette Beach Resort Old Orchard Beach, Maine