“disappointed”

Alouette Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 4 July 2017

this was our 2nd time staying at the Alouette and I was very disappointed in lack of concern form the Male owner. We arrive on the 24th of June for a weeks stay .We checked into our room which was in one of the older buildings and a nice side beach/ocean view.We settled in for the night and started to notice a smell in the bathroom.It seemed to get worst over time .The next morning i happen to catch housekeeping in the hall and asked if he would come and to check the smell,he instantly smelled it and told the other housekeeper and she called to report it .she was told to clean the bathroom .The bathroom was clean and we went about the morning to the beach .We then came in around noon and the room stunk again .I went over to the office and was telling the man at desk who I found out was the owner.He was very rude to me and said he would send someone to check .I said well we would like another room ,he then toss a set of keys down to another room down the hall.We moved to the other room which had less the view,we looked at a yellow and tan house unless you wanted to put your chair under the air condition as it dripped .I might add the railing to the balcony was very loose and rotting .After getting everything settled in that room we headed to town for shopping and dinner .When we arrived back to the hotel we went to the original room we were given by mistake .The room was unlock and it looked as it if they had fire in the fan in bathroom, fire extinguisher was out and had been used, the sliding doors were open with fan in it and the bathroom was a mess and the ceiling had burned marks.I said they must had have a fire while we were gone.I later found out by the head of house keeping who is the female owner that the problem was in the fan and it had a faulty wire .She was very nice and I said oh my lord thank God I have a big mouth and a good nose,lol.I can not even imagine if we had woke up to a fire..The next day they had someone installing new smoke and carbon detectors in the rooms.Also during our stay I had walked over to see if I could get something warmed up in a microwave as we did not have on in our room,once again the female owner was very nice and went to warm it up,as I stood outside waiting the male owner asked me with a stern face are you staying here???This was not the first time he had asked me this as I went to get quarters for the laundry one day and he asked me then.He was not very hospital to me and not at one time did he ever make an effort to thank me for pointing out a major issue in room 53 .If it was me I would have been extremely thankful and either gave an upgraded room or given credit for the one night that we could not sleep due to smell.But I guess that is just me.Also the rooms take forever to get hot water so a lot of water is wasted.I guess if you stay in the new suites you will be ok but the older building is just that old..

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Wendy1120

Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is my first time at Old Orchard Beach. The Alouette Suites were very comfortable. 2 pools, one being indoor heated. Sauna available and right on the beach with balcony seating. The staff is friendly and extremely accommodating.
We had a great stay and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The "suites" are right on the beach. A lovely way to spend your time here.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2017

My husband and I stayed here on a last min decision to stay in Maine overnight. The Alouette staff was very nice and accommodated us for the 1 night on a busy holiday weekend. They went above and beyond to do this for us. For not having to much availability, they worked it out to accommodate my husband who is disabled and could not go up to a second floor and myself. We both appreciated the staff immensely. We have stayed here before, and will continue to in the future. Great place, clean,and always a friendly staff!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the Alouette Memorial Day weekend. Our room wasn't ocean view but we could see it as soon as we stepped outside and it was short walk to beach or indoor pool. The heated pool was greatly appreciated since it was too cool to swim at the beach during our say. Our room was very small but seemed like it had been recently updated and was sufficient for just the two of us.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms seem like they would be quieter and have better views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I had a great trip! the only problem I had, was that there seemed to be a problem with the hot water and as long as you didn't mind a cold shower all else was good. I enjoyed the free breakfast and thought the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
0.2 km away
Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
#4 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Alouette Beach Resort? Share your experiences!