Sea Cliff House Motel
Beau Rivage Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
Old Orchard Beach Inn(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
Alouette Beach Resort(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
Old Colonial Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
US$120
Sea Drift Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$97
Crest Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$138
Friendship Oceanfront Suites(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Pool
Sandpiper Beachfront Motel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$120
Orbitz.com
Ocean Walk Hotel(Old Orchard Beach)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotwire.com
All reviewshot tubquiet end of the beachocean viewnew englandking bednice poolalready booked for next yearsliderslove this placethird floorwe've stayedshort walk to the beachamusement parkmotelkitchenettemainepier
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Management rude, room old with mattress that sinks in the middle, water saver shower that gave a trickle of water . Worst experience we have ever had at any hotel/motel and we can not emphasize enough the rudeness and discourteous treatment we experienced while staying here. This was our first ever trip to Old Orchard Beach and if this is typical of how travelers are treated here, it will definately be our last.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank susan o
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We just got home from our first Maine Trip..... LOVED OOB and Maine in general. We drove from Illinois so this was a big trip. We booked the Penthouse because we loved the idea of being able to view the pool and Ocean and liked the idea of a "private balcony". The room was small and very dark... I actually disliked being in the room and spent as much time outside that we could. It was small and very dark. Our bathroom door did not lock and actually did not close well.... Im sure the entire Motel knew when we opened and closed it it stuck so bad. On the plus side the staff was great and kept the grounds perfect.... I think the Motel itself is very "Coastal" and with some small improvements like paint and lighter colors has potential. We loved the area itself and have already booked a week next year but at a different location which was much larger offered the same view, kitchenette and was $50 a night cheaper. We were a bit disappointed. We did get a peek in other rooms and they are small but much better than the "Penthouse" we had.... I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank OOBfans
Fran P, Manager at Sea Cliff House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

We are so terribly sorry that you did not enjoy the PH room. We do value our guest's opinions and want you (and everyone else out there) to know that we are listening. So much so in fact, we have completely renovated the 3rd floor. It's been quite an endeavor but well worth it.

The PH that you refer to has been gutted this winter and has become a beautiful 2 bedroom suite. The unit will not have 2 private balconies, a full bath, and a fireplace.... with that beautiful view.

We have also added another suite (Saco Bay Suite) and have enlarged room number 8.

Thank you for your business and we do hope that you'll stop by again to visit us in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have spent many a summer in Old Orchard Beach - my great grandmother had a beach house in Saco. Quite a few people from Maine call OOB the tackiest place in Maine and they might be right.
But it has a lot for families. You have the beach, the rides, the pier, the games, the nightlife and the fun. There are nice restaurants and casual ones and there is always Bailey's Lobster Pound (do not miss this place they have been there forever and you can't get fresher lobster)
That aside I did not have high expectations for the Sea Cliff House. I chose this place because it had a pool and the ocean in New England is frigid at best (around 65 degrees if you are lucky). When we arrived we were given an assigned parking spot and our keys. One thing that surprised me was the fact that the employee who check us in gave us the keys and trusted us to wait 30 minutes until the room was cleared for guests.
Only in New Engalnd would someone trust a guest to have the keys before the room was ready. It was such a pleasant first impression. When we got to the room (a kitchenette) we were happy to find it clean and reasonably well appointed.
The rooms are small but with four of you in there only when necessary it is fine. Although one bathroom was a bit of a stretch for comfort... we booked late and this was the only room available. I will admit I also called other places with better reviews on tripadvisor but they were all sold out.
I can only say that we were very happy with our stay and it surprised us. The pool is great the beach is lovely and very close all of the staff were helpful and friendly. Don't expect luxury but expect to have a great time none the less. They have a weekly rental - the owners suite, it looks out over the pool and the ocean... if you can find a time it isn't sold out give it a try well worth the money and you really can't fault the place.
In closing, I left my cell phone charger in the room when we checked out, the woman from the office called and informed us that she had mailed it to my home address. I recieved it a couple days later - I had expected it would be charged to my credit card left on file - I left it behind, only my fault if I wanted it back I had to pay for it right? Wrong, the hotel took care of the poastage and sent it to me. A pleasant surprise - I would go back simply because of that, I would make my reservations sooner and stay in a better accomodation but I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FloridaPaka
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Friendly owner and staff.clean ,perfect location. Last winter me and my wife stayed 6 mounts .

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Tavasapi
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My husband and I wanted to go to Old Orchard Beach to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we called the Seacliff for reservations we were told there were only 2 rooms available ,a room with a jacuzzi, or an ocean view. We went for the ocean view, big, big mistake!! However I don't think the jacuzzi room would have been any better. We were told there was a 3 night minimum stay, which we were ok with. For $189.00 per night, without taxes, we were expecting something halfway decent. Boy, were we wrong! First of all, our bathroom at home was bigger than this room. The ceiling was an A-frame, which was above the bed, so every time my husband got out of bed, he would hit his head on the ceiling,and when you lie in the bed, the foot end of the mattress would rise up into the air!. There was also not alot of room around the bed to walk. The TV didn't work, the water pressure was so low, showering was difficult., and the toilet made very strange noises when flushed. The 'ocean view' we had was a side view from a rickety old staircase. The major complaint was the bed, it was extremely uncomfortable, so much, that we did not sleep AT ALL! We spoke to the staff member on duty who was very sympathetic to our needs, but also let us know that there was nothing he could do as they were booked full. He did put us on a 'list' in case there was a cancellation, he would let us know, and we would be able to move. However, we would have to pay an additional fee because the other rooms were more expensive. At this point, we didn't care if we had to pay a little more. After 2 nights, and no chance of moving to a different room, we told the staff member that we could no longer stay in that bed. We were told that there was nothing they could do, our money would not be refunded. So, we paid for 3 nights, stayed for 2. We decided to come home rather than stay another night in that place. So if you are thinking of staying at the Seacliff, you would be better off grabbing a blanket and sleeping on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple