New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Brockville, Canada
“location location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

this was our second year at the sea cliff house motel.
This place is located in a quiet residential area minutes walk away from downtown old orchard beach. So it is quiet for families, yet a short 2 minute walk to the action of night spots for singles and those who wish to go out.
The rooms are very clean, the kitchenette comes in really handy and the heated pool and hot tub are great. the beach in front of the motel is wonderful you can walk to pine point at one end and camp ellis at the other end. we went to funtown and it is a great place for kids wiht amusement rides , go carts etc. We did not do the waterpark portion so I cannot comment on that . We did go to the amusement park on the beach that was about a 10
m inute walk and it was good too. Very clean and well taken care of.
If you stay here, go to Hogan's around the corner for breakfast. the Hogan family will take really good care of you.!! very friendly and great food.
most of the families we spoke to al the seacliff this was not their first time to the sea clif, many come back for a week year after year so that says a lot!
If you hear carousel type music coming down the street, go get your wallet , it is the ice cream truck! the kids really enjoyed this too!!
One last thing, eat at the brunswick just s short walk up the beach or down grand ave.
They have pub fare and also a dining room menu!
we ate here 3 times and it was great. they most nights had a live band too in case that interests you!!
go here you won't be sorry!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Management rude, room old with mattress that sinks in the middle, water saver shower that gave a trickle of water . Worst experience we have ever had at any hotel/motel and we can not emphasize enough the rudeness and discourteous treatment we experienced while staying here. This was our first ever trip to Old Orchard Beach and if this is typical of how travelers are treated here, it will definately be our last.

10 Thank susan o

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Elgin, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We just got home from our first Maine Trip..... LOVED OOB and Maine in general. We drove from Illinois so this was a big trip. We booked the Penthouse because we loved the idea of being able to view the pool and Ocean and liked the idea of a "private balcony". The room was small and very dark... I actually disliked being in the room and spent as much time outside that we could. It was small and very dark. Our bathroom door did not lock and actually did not close well.... Im sure the entire Motel knew when we opened and closed it it stuck so bad. On the plus side the staff was great and kept the grounds perfect.... I think the Motel itself is very "Coastal" and with some small improvements like paint and lighter colors has potential. We loved the area itself and have already booked a week next year but at a different location which was much larger offered the same view, kitchenette and was $50 a night cheaper. We were a bit disappointed. We did get a peek in other rooms and they are small but much better than the "Penthouse" we had.... I don't recommend it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank OOBfans
Fran P, Manager at Sea Cliff House Motel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
We are so terribly sorry that you did not enjoy the PH room. We do value our guest's opinions and want you (and everyone else out there) to know that we are listening. So much so in fact, we have completely renovated the 3rd floor. It's been quite an endeavor but well worth it.

The PH that you refer to has been gutted this winter and has become a beautiful 2 bedroom suite. The unit will not have 2 private balconies, a full bath, and a fireplace.... with that beautiful view.

We have also added another suite (Saco Bay Suite) and have enlarged room number 8.

Thank you for your business and we do hope that you'll stop by again to visit us in the future.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I have spent many a summer in Old Orchard Beach - my great grandmother had a beach house in Saco. Quite a few people from Maine call OOB the tackiest place in Maine and they might be right.
But it has a lot for families. You have the beach, the rides, the pier, the games, the nightlife and the fun. There are nice restaurants and casual ones and there is always Bailey's Lobster Pound (do not miss this place they have been there forever and you can't get fresher lobster)
That aside I did not have high expectations for the Sea Cliff House. I chose this place because it had a pool and the ocean in New England is frigid at best (around 65 degrees if you are lucky). When we arrived we were given an assigned parking spot and our keys. One thing that surprised me was the fact that the employee who check us in gave us the keys and trusted us to wait 30 minutes until the room was cleared for guests.
Only in New Engalnd would someone trust a guest to have the keys before the room was ready. It was such a pleasant first impression. When we got to the room (a kitchenette) we were happy to find it clean and reasonably well appointed.
The rooms are small but with four of you in there only when necessary it is fine. Although one bathroom was a bit of a stretch for comfort... we booked late and this was the only room available. I will admit I also called other places with better reviews on tripadvisor but they were all sold out.
I can only say that we were very happy with our stay and it surprised us. The pool is great the beach is lovely and very close all of the staff were helpful and friendly. Don't expect luxury but expect to have a great time none the less. They have a weekly rental - the owners suite, it looks out over the pool and the ocean... if you can find a time it isn't sold out give it a try well worth the money and you really can't fault the place.
In closing, I left my cell phone charger in the room when we checked out, the woman from the office called and informed us that she had mailed it to my home address. I recieved it a couple days later - I had expected it would be charged to my credit card left on file - I left it behind, only my fault if I wanted it back I had to pay for it right? Wrong, the hotel took care of the poastage and sent it to me. A pleasant surprise - I would go back simply because of that, I would make my reservations sooner and stay in a better accomodation but I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FloridaPaka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Friendly owner and staff.clean ,perfect location. Last winter me and my wife stayed 6 mounts .

• Stayed December 2010