Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$115
PricelineUS$115
Hotels.comUS$115
Expedia.comUS$115
CheapTicketsUS$115
TravelocityUS$115
All reviews main building wrap around porch perkins cove marginal way breakfast room freshly baked cookies yogurt guest house common room nice breakfast mini fridge view of the ocean shops and restaurants new england sitting area trolley stop lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2020

A friend recommended the hotel next to this one but this was more than 50% less in price because the view of the ocean was blocked by the hotel next door. To save so much we walked down the path a couple of minutes to see the ocean and found this to be a great place to stay. We took a King bed room in the INN and loved it. Cookies and coffee were provided in late afternoon and were great. The breakfast was nothing to speak of but for the savings on the room, you can easily go out to get a full breakfast if you wish. I'm not a breakfast lover so it didn't bother me at all. The staff was very nice. Very nice and roomy open space for guests on the first floor with rockers outside. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank margarbi
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Margarbi,

We're so grateful that you chose us on your trip to Ogunquit and that your friend's recommendation of us met your expectations! We're happy that you found our location convenient and our prices fair. For future reference, we do offer some rooms on our third and fourth floors with ocean views. Although we're not right on the water, you can view miles of beautiful coastline right from your room. I highly recommend our Premium Ocean View King rooms, which are some of the largest in the Main Inn with a king bed, sitting area and panoramic ocean views. When you have future dates, give us a call and we'd be happy to assist you in booking!

Reviewed 2 October 2020

The Colonial Inn has a very attentive staff the caters to your hotel needs. My room was in the Garden Building on the second floor where I had a shared balcony...it was perfect for taking in Ogunquit's fall evenings. Perfectly located to explore the artsy town.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo

AdventureDiva,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! Our Garden Building rooms are highly sought-after because of many of the reasons you've mentioned above! Not only do they have ample amenities to make your stay comfortable, but they also have a great location that offers a little more privacy than our other buildings. Did you know that there is also an entrance to Marginal Way right around the corner? Next time you're here for a visit, we'd be happy to show you on a local area map. Please give us a call when you're ready with your 2021 dates!

Reviewed 26 September 2020

I guess we expected more !!. As always I did my research looking for the best hotel that would fit our needs and lifestyle. The Colonial Inn caught our attention due to location, price and a YouTube video showing accommodations and interviewing the owner of the Inn. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member who welcomed us and showed us to our guest house (#504) We didn't stay very long before requesting being moved. When we got to our second room (502) we had working heat and a lock on the door so we stayed. The second room was ok but still kind of tired looking Most of the baseboard heaters were broke and missing pieces, the electric fireplace was not working, and many other areas needed TLC or updating. I'm not hear to "bash" the Inn, however it did appear to us the property was much like our room...Tired looking and upkept. Maybe the owner(s) just gave up on the place. If you are going to visit the area the Colonial inn is ok, the location is good and the staff is friendly but boy there are MANY MANY........MANY other places which were 100 times nicer looking, immaculate grounds and had ocean views .....for the same $$ we were spending !!! take your time and do more research then I did, its worth it in the end.

Date of stay: September 2020
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Dear Jet785652, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations however, glad to learn you found our staff and service up to par. After reading your review, I inspected the room and discovered that one of the baseboard heaters was missing an end cap, which was promptly replaced. I apologize that the fireplace in the room was unplugged - it should have been plugged in prior to your arrival to avoid confusion. I can assure you that it is in working order. Other than these two items, the rest of the room appeared to be in immaculate condition, being one of our most recently renovated guestrooms. We had to navigate many obstacles this season - one being COVID-19, but additionally a severe drought that affected us, and the entire state. We recognize that the grounds were not looking the best this season and are already planning ahead for next season to ensure a better outcome and improved appearance. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is helpful in making improvements moving forward.

Taylor Getchell
The Colonial Inn

Reviewed 25 September 2020

This inn is absolutely top notch. It was safe, beautiful, centrally located, and they were so nice. We had the best room in the inn and I felt like I was sleeping in the clouds. Taylor was wonderful at checkin and everyone did their best to make me feel special for my 40th. Highly recommend - only place to stay!

1  Thank jnashawaty
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

jnashawaty,

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your 40'th birthday! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our Inn, the location and of course - the complimentary birthday upgrade! I love your description of the room, where you mentioned it felt like you were sleeping in the clouds. Being on the top back corner of the Main Inn, room 408 not only has some of the best ocean views in the house, but also comfortable, bright and spacious. We are excited to welcome you back - perhaps for your next birthday as an annual tradition!

Reviewed 14 September 2020

This inn does a great job ensuring a safe stay. From touchless check in and check out to enforcing mask wearing and proper separation we felt very comfortable. There isn’t traditional room service during the pandemic but you can request whatever you might need from housekeeping. The room was a nice size, very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was large but really could use more shelf space. Complimentary breakfast featured cereals, baked goods, juices and coffee. Most everything was grab and go, pre packaged for safety. A really nice wrap around porch where you can eat breakfast or just lounge and enjoy the scenery added to the pleasant experience at this inn. We will definitely return!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank oceansidetraveler0