5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$132
View deal
Expedia.comUS$132
FindHotelUS$132
Hotels.comUS$132
PricelineUS$132
Agoda.comUS$132
TravelocityUS$132
All reviews the main house continental breakfast marginal way yogurt breakfast staff ogunquit beach my husband and i lawn chairs front porch staff was very friendly and helpful small fridge park your car off season ocean motel town flowers
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

Beautiful small hotel . We booked ocean view and it was gorgeous . Great location . Close to beach walking but right in town. Parked car and did not have to move it. Hotel staff lovely. Will definitely be back

1  Thank 59dianeb
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

Our 5 day stay at The Terrace by the Sea was excellent. Our room (109) was in the main house-very spacious- a comfy queen bed and a twin bed. There were 2 queen Ann armchairs which made for comfy TV viewing or when moved to the windows, a nice place to watch the water. From the queen bed, a perfect view of the pre-sunrise sky or the water was beautiful. I appreciated the fluffy Turkish towels and luxury bath products - Gilchrist & Soames. The bathroom was adequately sized. This Inn has more of a bed and breakfast feel than a true hotel.

The grounds were impeccably maintained- the lawn & flowers were maintained daily as was the heated outdoor pool area. Groupings of 2 chairs or loungers spotted the lawn overlooking the waterfront. A perfect place to watch the water, take your breakfast or read a book-weather permitting.

The hotel is serious about Covid protocols- Hand sanitizers everywhere; reminder signage about mask wearing & distancing was abundant but not obtrusive. I felt comfortable with the cleanliness of the Inn. I particularly appreciated the ability to decline room servicing-the front desk was available for towel refreshment or in room coffee service refills.

Desk staff was okay-not overly friendly-which I found odd with the reduced guest capacity & uncrowded nature during our stay. Perhaps their reduced hours limited their availability; we came & went at various times and seldom saw (nor needed) their assistance. It would have been nice to know there was coffee service available after breakfast hours in the lobby, especially when I asked at check in if there was a place closeby to grab coffee at 5pm. I was not told it was available onsite and only “discovered” this accidentally on day 3. Again, more of a B&B experience than a hotel with desk staff.

Their modified “expanded continental breakfast” was staff served behind glass partitions with no contact between guests or staff. Breakfast itself was adequate- choice of individually wrapped toast, store made mini muffins, granola, yogurt, instant oatmeal packs and fresh fruits, coffe, tea and juices. An addition of a protein- hard cooked egg or cheese choice- would have been perfect and not cost prohibitive for the Inn to provide. There was self serve coffee service in the lobby after breakfast hours- which was unfortunately often without cups available, so unusable. Disposable plates, cups & utensils were used, I assume due to Covid protocols.

The location of the Inn was ideal,walkable to the Marginal Way, right in the village main area without being on a busy street, and a 2 minute picturesque stroll to the Ogunquit beach bridge. We would stay here again- preferably IN tourist season without Covid restrictions. 4.5 / 5 stars.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sergio Becerra, General Manager at Terrace By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Dear SUEZQANGEL

We are happily surprised about your detailed Feedback !!
Thank you to appreciate the quality of our service, amenities, property and location.
I'll address front desk for better communication.

Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

We loved the town, the location of the hotel (ocean front view) and the people at the hotel. It seemed clean and take good precautions for the covid.
The downside was the room. It had blinds but no curtains and there was a light outside of the window so we didn't sleep well. Also, perhaps debatable but, the ceiling was cracking constantly with the steps of the people in the room above us so it was a bad to horrible stay afterall..

We saw another couple payment more money to get another room this morning .

Referen r room #100

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sergio Becerra, General Manager at Terrace By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Thank you for your recent stay with us !!
We appreciate your feedback and sorry that the room for the first night doesn't met you expectation.

Reviewed 18 September 2020

Let me start by saying, I was there beginning of September 2020 and I liked the hotel and it’s proximity to the town, the beach, restaurants, etc.

What put a huge damper on things was the 3 women that could care less and it showed in their face from the time you arrived. Check in is at 4:00 pm check out is at 10:00 am. We arrived at 12:00pm and expected a wait for our room so we sat on the Adirondack chairs after checking in and we chilled.

At about 1:00 pm I walked over to our assigned room and it was cleaned, I asked the maid & was told that the disinfectant needed to dry (OK, great should get a call soon).

At 2:00 pm I went to front desk and asked if my room is ready, the answer was, they will let us know when it’s ready (no smile, mafia like). I bit my lip and said nothing

At 2:45 pm I went in and asked the same question, I received the same reply with no smile, cold as ice!
I told her it has been ready since 1:00 pm, she looked at me and said nothing initially and then repeated - they will let us know when it’s ready. That’s when I told her that perhaps one of the three girls (just sitting around) should get up off there chair and go look. I told them I will wait outside and to please let me know.
...........Guess what, my rooms was ready!

My point to the owner......these three girls need to be set straight and told that we are the patrons and to smile at people, not a sarcastic snobby look. Had there attitude been different, the situation would be more palatable.

We had a great time once we were settled BUT it absolutely did not need to be that way.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank 2020Rubicon

Thank you for your recent stay with us !!
We appreciate your feedback and your concern will be well address

Reviewed 18 September 2020

Location great and Clean but rooms outdated for the money. I had a room next to the pool and separated from the building. I felt I stayed in a parking lot and my Friends had a water view for the same price. I was told they where all booked. I wrote an email with no response. Not good customer service. I Will never stay again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay with us !!
We appreciate your feedback and we sent a response soon as we saw your complain.