All reviewsfresh oystersboat rideprivate bathroomgranolabaked goodsnew englandriding bikesadamsbarnspectaclepicklesmainewaitstaff
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We went out to Nebo Lodge on the Equinox from Rockland which takes you for dinner, leaving Rockland at 4 and back by 9. The restaurant is nice, using locally produced food. There are limited vegetarian choices. I'm sure they would have made something up with what they had but I stuck with the vegetarian sandwich with pickled vegetables. The bread and mid-eastern fries were delicious, just not a fan of pickled stuff. If you like pickled veggies you would love it. I would definitely go again. I would also recommend the boat ride out.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Whoa! Pretty pricey for what could... should have been a terrific meal on North Haven. Let's start with the salt. Everything seemed drenched with it. Sure, the fries were brined (wait staff should have warned us since we specifically asked for low salt), but why were the steaks so salty that our low salt diet companions were unable to eat them? And a couple of pieces of what might have been nice swordfish steaks were not only overcooked (a cardinal sin for a good kitchen) but again sprayed liberally with, yes, salt?!?!?! Did the regular chef have the night off? Vinalhaven has a restaurant called "Salt," but the food has never been salty! Appetizers and desserts were ok... just ok.
Sure, we'll try again. One swallow does not etc.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Nebo Lodge for a quick overnight getaway with friends. We had a great time and enjoyed our stay. Not all rooms have private baths, but we chose rooms that did. They were comfortable, and the mattress was very firm, which my husband liked but it was a little hard for me. Breakfast, continental, comes with your room, but the options were slim and not plentiful. To have even a bowl of granola you had to pay for it. (It is, however, quite excellent granola) We also had dinner there on our first night and, unfortunately, we were all disappointed. The food was average at best, though we had read it was excellent, not our meals. The steak was tough, and ordered medium so it should not have been. It was not inexpensive so I cannot recommend eating there, though I'm not sure where else you could eat. There are a couple of nice places for lunch, probably breakfast, possibly dinner. There is an old barn or lodge that has been turned into an eatery with baked goods, sandwiches, coffee, etc. and there is a small grocery area in the back. It's pretty good but here the staff acted as though the customers were bothering them, where as at Nebo they couldn't have been nicer. All in all, I would recommend it but might explore other options for dinner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Nice place to hobnob with hoity toy ties. Classy place with a high end atmosphere. Never disappointed when we come here. Until they open a hooters on north haven I will keep coming back. The staff are wonderful and the owner is a r spectacle member of the community

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Nebo on North Haven is an oasis 12 miles from the mainland. You go by ferry or by a nautical transport arranged by the lodge. Spare wooden flooded dining room, and equal size bar area with dining tables. Fresh ingredients from island farms - vegetables and meats. Desserts to die for and a terrific wine list. Fresh oysters from the island are our favorite - small and juicy. Asparagus soup was also fabulous, no cream. Rhubarb crisp - save room for this. Friendly waitstaff. A tad noisy. One side dining room with a table seating 12, has murals by island artist David Wilson. Make sure to barge in and take a look.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends