All reviews camp restaurant pool and hot tub kitchen table large closet omelette station house keeping slope side breakfast was included ski hotel fitness center bed was comfortable each morning skiers shuttle skis stove hallway
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Decided on Sunday River golf course for my Maine state bucket list. Stayed at Grand Summitt. 2 nights, no maid service and outside patio spider webs and hadn’t been cleaned in months. Wish stayed somewhere else. Golf course good though only restroom at clubhouse.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay! Came here as a family of four and loved all the amenities. We are rci members. A weeks was great here friendly staff that helps with anything asked. Although I don’t agree with the mandatory $217.00 house keeping fee for the week, as the house keeping is not good at all. Claimed to change sheets but never looked neat or tidey. For that money I want top service! Towels were taken even when not used. Need better training in house keeping. But otherwise this place is a hidden gem. Thank you for the stay!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed at the Grand Summit Hotel for two nights during the River Rock Music Festival in Newry, Maine. Although we spent very little time in the room, we really enjoyed the small but efficient kitchen with stove, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator (smaller but still full size with a freezer), microwave, and full sized coffee pot. We had a kitchen table with four chairs, a couch, an arm chair, a large TV, 3 dresser drawers, a large closet, and a Murphy bed! The bed was actually much more comfortable than we expected and being able to put it up out of the way would have been useful if we had stayed a longer time.

The staff was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was included with our stay - one morning was a regular breakfast buffet while the second morning they had a make-to-order omelette station. Breakfast also goes from 7:00 until 11:00am which is very helpful for those of us who are not early birds! The only downside for us was the fact that check-out time is 10:30am. However, the hotel worked with us and we were able to check out, load the car, and then have a late breakfast which was greatly appreciated.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely consider staying there again for the music festival.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We recently got a room here for the weekend while attending an event. The room was almost 200.00 per night and looked like a 70.00 a night room. It was smelly, outdated, and dirty.
The pool hours are 10 am to 10pm not allowing us any amenities to use in the morning. 4 people were in our room but only two could have free breakfast. They would not tell us the price of breakfast for the other two the following morning. The staff was rude and not accommodating.
I could hear loud feet above my head at midnight and people talking in the room through the adjoining door.
The walk to the room was extremely far, the elevator creaked badly, and the parking lot is a small hike away. The lower parking lot is not paved and the road to the hotel is full of potholes and not maintained.
I had to pay for two nights upfront and when I asked to check out early they would not tell me if I could get my money back until the next morning at 9 am and I have to leave at 8 am.
We have traveled to 35 states and stayed ample places. This is one of the worst, overpriced, places my family has stayed at.
Beware of the pay in advance rooms and know exactly what you are getting before paying it advance.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2018

During our recent stay at the hotel, we felt that the room was adequate: clean; updated linens; decent climate control. Of course it's not quite worth the price, but the price is what the market bears. The convenience of staying onsite at the mountain is the appeal.

Of note, however, was our disappointing experience at Camp. The atmosphere was fine - dim and woodsy, and my boyfriend and I found it amusing that the staff all wear flannel shirts.

Beyond that, we felt that the menu choices at this "upscale" restaurant were not adequate. Despite there being an $18 burger (the price is not a typo), there were no steak or chicken entrees on the menu.

After struggling to find something that looked like it would be satisfying, we settled on a four cheese pasta and meatloaf. The pasta was just okay and the meatloaf was dry and uninspired.....and cost $18.

My take is this: If you're going to serve pub food, be upfront about it and serve decent, unpretentious pub food. If you're going to promote yourself as sophisticated, be sophisticated.

Date of stay: February 2018