“great trusted Seafood and more every time!”
Review of Angler's

Angler's
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THis is one of three restaurants with the same name, Tthe others are in Searsport, Maine and Hampden, Maine.
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I have been a fan of Anglers for many years. They do seafood right! If you are not a seafood lover, they have plenty of options! If you cant fry haddock, most likely you cant cook anything decent! Anglers do a great job on their batter, They cook seafood to perfection when you say wet haddock, they get it, My mother likes her seafood well done, to almost dry, my dad right in the middle, and I like mine almost undercooked! They get it right every time!
We love the waitstaff and the old charm of the log cabin.
Great parking rather you are hauling a trailer or an RV. If you haven't tried this place, give it a try, I promise you, you will enjoy! I know my review says recent but I have been going here for years!

Amy N, Owner at Angler's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thanks so much Dan for taking a moment to let us know how much you enjoy visiting! Our number one goal is ensuring that our customers enjoy their entire experience. We wouldn't be still going strong 17 years later (11 years in Newport) without each and every one of you! We work extremely hard to procure the freshest, local (when possible) seafood available at the best prices. I love hearing from our customers and look forward to your next visit! - Sincerely, Amy

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Excellent fresh seafood ~ available various ways~! I often get the salmon..sometimes as a dinner, sometimes as a salmon caesar salad. Portions are big ~ great for take-home. A long list of desserts ~ the bread puddings are homemade & delicious!

Amy N, General Manager at Angler's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you Joan for taking a moment to let everyone know how much you enjoy our restaurant! The Salmon is also one of my favorites! I recommend it with our Sweet Basil Garlic Rub, super delicious on the filet or on the Salmon in the Caesar Salad! We look forward to your next visit! - Sincerely, Amy

Reviewed 19 October 2017

My wife, sister and I took a day trip from South Portland, my sister's home, to Newport to visit where my wife and I lived when first married. We were surprised at how much Newport had grown in fifty years. On a whim I drove North out of town to see if The Log Cabin restaurant might still be there. We found the place only now called Angler's.
Have to say the name had changed but the food was as excellent today as it was back then. Kim, our server was amazing! It was a treat to interact with her. Excellent!!

ANickerson, General Manager at Angler's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

It was great talking with you all! I enjoy so much, getting to know our customers and love sharing memories with them! We are blessed to be able to continue making them with our customers today, many of whom have grown up visiting our restaurants with their families and now bring their own families in (it can also make me feel a little old, lol). This is definitely a passion for us and we look forward to your next visit North! Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know! - Until next-time, Amy

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Thanks to the Angler's Restaurant in Newport, ME for a great start to our vacation. Our Server Jess was sweet, kind, and funny and had great suggestions for our dinner and our stay in Maine. We were stuffed and satisfied after a perfect seafood meal. Our 8 year old daughter was also very happy with her meal. I would highly suggest Angler's and make sure you ask for Jess!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

THE BEST LOBSTER DINNER EVER! We randomly found this spot on Yelp. My husband & I ordered the Stuffed Lobster. 1.5lb lobster stuffed with baby shrimp, scallops & 4 additional lobster claws! Don't worry, the lobster tail & attached claws were buried underneath all of this goodness! And if that's not enough, it came with a salad & baked potato! The dessert looked to die for, but we were literally stuffed from our entree we couldn't order any more! We can't wait to visit Maine again & have this experience all over again! Awesome, friendly service -- our server Megan was fantastic! Food came out fast! Affordable! On a 10 point scale, hands down we give them an 11!

ANickerson, General Manager at Angler's, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you Abby, it was certainly a pleasure speaking with you and your Husband the other night. I enjoyed reading your review and I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit! You just might have to start with the Hot Fudge Ice Cream Puff as your appetizer next time! Take Care and we'll see you again when you visit our beautiful State of Maine!

Been to Angler's? Share your experiences!