“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Millinocket
Leeds, ME
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Large, clean rooms. Bathroom clean but small. Great staff. We were able to get breakfast before the scheduled start time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
moncton
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Myself and my husband went to Baxter State Park to hike Mount Katahdin. We needed a place that was comfortable, clean, and preferrably had a pool or jacuzzi. We also wanted a place with at least a continental breakfast. All of which we found at this hotel. We walked in to a very friendly reception and a very reasonable rate of $80/night (CAA rate). The pool was warm and truely welcomed. The jacuzzi was much appreciated at the end of a very exhausting hike. The staff were also very helpful when recommending a restaurant for supper. A truely positive experience. The only small problem was the 45 minute distance from the hotel to our hiking trail.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
millinocket
Reviewed 19 May 2010

My husband and our children and I came into town and checked a couple places in town (I like to see the rooms when I stay someplace). When I looked at the room at Baxter Park Inn I knew that was where I was staying. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very clean and it was great for the kids because it had a nice indoor pool. We are going to come and stay again this summer so we can hike Mt. Katahdin...they also will set us up with a guided moose tour or white water rafting.......would definately recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Was a spur of the moment weekend trip to relax and enjoy the out doors.The staff was very pleasant and willing to help us with whitewater rafting, moose tours and hiking information. The rooms were clean and comfortable,as was the pool and hot tubs. The hot tubs were wonderful after a day of hiking in Baxter State Park ..Mount Katahdin and Baxter State Park are a must visit in this area it is simply beautiful .Will return with my camera soon. And will be staying here again

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mainer010
Noank, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I came up to Millinocket in June of 2007 to hike Mt. Katahdin. I camped at Hidden Spring campground the first night. My original plan had been to Hike Katahdin and drive home in the same day.

The climb ended up taking a little longer than I expected, and when I was done, I was exhausted and fairly bug - bitten. I decided that rather than driving home, I'd just find somewhere to get a shower, crash, and go home the following day.

I ended up finding this place on my way back toward the highway.

Room was basic and dated, but I didn't care. It was clean, quiet, and the water was hot. I ended up feeling clean, well rested and ready to go the next day. I don't think I'd want to stay here for a week, but as a tired day hiker looking for a break, this place gave me everything I needed.

Can't comment on breakfast or anything, because I did not partake.

At the time I stayed, this place still had signage indicating their were part of the America's Best Value group, but it seems this is no longer the case.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millinocket
35.4 km away
2.0 km away
Ice Fish Inn
Ice Fish Inn
#4 of 4 in Millinocket

Been to Baxter Park Inn? Share your experiences!