All reviews south twin lake boat ride great hosts the eagle's nest jacuzzi tub baxter state park breakfast was delicious lake view mt katahdin rocking chairs provided maps bald eagles golden road incredible views great room sweet dog natural beauty
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

Everything about the 5 Lakes Lodge is awesome! Wonderful and knowledgeable hosts, immaculate and beautiful rooms, amazing views, and excellent breakfasts! Lots of very good and reasonable places to eat in and near town, and easy access to Baxter State Park! It is a perfect place to stay!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2015

My husband & I recently visited the state of Maine. We went all over the state. One of the places we visited was Millinocket. I wanted to see the highest point in Maine which is Mt Katahdin. It is in Baxter State Park. While there isn't that much to see in Millinocket, the area is lovely, with many lakes, moose, boat trips to take & hiking if you like. We stayed at the 5 Lakes Lodge. It is a lovely log lodge, right on the lake, with great views of Mt. Katahdin. Unfortunately when we were there is was quite cloudy, but we could still see the Mt. The innkeepers are very helpful in directing you around the area. The breakfasts were delicious, one morning we had banana walnut blueberry pancake. There are canoes you can use while you are at the lodge. Our room was on the 2nd floor with lovely views.

Room Tip: we were upstairs, great views from our room ( Pemadumcook)
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2015

My two friends and I made 5 Lakes Lodge our home away from home for four nights. It was perfect for our girl's trip where the first order of business was to hike Mt. Katahdin and the second order of business was to recharge our batteries before returning home to the pressures of everyday life. We fell in love with the Eagle's Nest Lodge - it allowed us to spread out a bit (we did yoga in the living room), bring in groceries (too tired to go out to eat after full days of hiking) and do laundry as needed (we packed light). Debbie and Rick were great hosts and we were totally smitten with sweet Sammy (the house dog) from the minute we drove in and she greeted us at our car.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Positives include that 5 Lakes Lodge is in a beautiful location, and the lodge itself is immaculate and exactly what we were looking for. Our room had gorgeous views of the surrounding lake and mountains, a wood stove and lots of charm. I believe all rooms have the same amenities. It is a very peaceful and beautiful place. Breakfasts were excellent; you will not leave hungry!

Negatives include that we found Rick a little gruff and felt somewhat surprised at a few comments he made which made us feel a little unwelcome. Overall, the hosts were very helpful, and I think none of this was intended, but we had expected something a little different in this arena. I would also note that the wi-fi doesn't work in all of the rooms, but this is a very minor issue. It works fine in the common areas.

This is a very nice place to stay, certainly the best in the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2015

My husband, myself and two teenage boys (15 and 16) spend two nights here in July of 2015. We stayed in the apartment. It was perfect. Two bedrooms with really comfortable beds. So comfortable, we looked to see who made them. Debbie gave us maps and directions for hiking and dining. Rick and Debbie took us and other guests on a boat ride on the beautiful lake to feed eagles. This is an amazing place, amazing people. I highly recommend staying at 5 Lakes. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family