“Clean and affordable.”

Rivers Edge Motel & Pizza
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medway
Rivers Edge Motel & Pizza
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Medway
Reviewed 7 September 2015

We stopped here after the Springfield Fair. The ladies who were in the office were very friendly. The room was small and the furniture was dated. The linens were clean as was the room. I was glad I had brought my iron and curling iron and blow dryer as there are none in the room . Thankfully Dysart's was open so my husband could get me some coffee. There also is no coffee pot or clock in the room. We ended up going to the Bridge for breakfast as no breakfast at the hotel but then for the price I don't blame them. Hopefully they can put some time and money into renovating this over the winter as it is in close proximity to Baxter State Park. I probably will not return however I would not have a problem staying there if in the area.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times when it was previously owned and enjoyed it.The new owners are very conscientious and friendly. The rooms are clean and quiet. I've been traveling across country from Texas and I find this motel as comfortable as any in which I've stayed. I was here for 4 days in August. Would absolutely stay again and recommend to anyone especially if on a tight budget. A side note the new name is now Rivers Edge Motel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank karanann
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The motel has just changed hands (family owned and operated) and the new owners are trying hard to offer a clean/affordable place despite the fact that the motel is older. I vowed I would NEVER stay in a motel but due to a funeral we had no choice - we were pleasantly surprised! The new owners have scrubbed from top to bottom (I am a Marriott girl and I was impressed!) and even removed some carpet due to past smokers! We had a family of 5 squeezed into a room with 2 doubles (+ cot) and we fit comfortably for one night (probably would be tight after 2 or 3). Just knowing it was clean helped (even the old grout in the bath was white!). The bedspreads and beds are older but the sheets and towels (thick!) are new and have that "just bleached" smell that is reassuring in a motel! We were really surprised at how quiet the room was too! Not sure how it would be in the summer but if you are just passing through and need an affordable/clean place (good food in the pizza joint attached to the owner's house) to stay this is it! Keep your eyes out for the bald eagles - tons by the river down back! My husband had to do some work and had no problem with the free WiFi (he is a software engineer and needs fast internet). Snowmobile trail behind the motel too! I also have allergies and didn't have a problem after we aired it out for a couple of minutes to get the "closed up" smell out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LakeClan
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Simple motel, very comfortable, had no problems. Everything worked and was clean. You do have to drive several miles down the road to find a place to eat, as the motel is kinda out by itself. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julious
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed staying here very much. This has got to be one of the best motels that I have stayed in.
It was quiet and peaceful and very clean. It had everything I needed and was very convienent.
The fishing on the river was great, lots of bass.
I am looking foward to returning someday.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank weeman51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Medway
28 km away
4.3 km away
No photo provided
Gateway Inn
#1 of 1 in Medway

Been to Rivers Edge Motel & Pizza? Share your experiences!