“Resort on the Highway”
Review of Machias River Inn

Machias River Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Machias
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The Machias River Inn provides relaxed atmosphere just yards from US 1. Being next to a river basin soothes road weariness. Next door's Helen's Restaurant serves awesome lobster and excellent breakfasts. We stay here anytime we travel through Maine.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
shelleymmi, General Manager at Machias River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. All the best, Shelley

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Comfortable, clean room. Quiet spot. Friendly, pleasant service. Office is open 24 hours which was great as we arrived late. Scenic spot by the river with lovely view and many species of birds to observe.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
shelleymmi, General Manager at Machias River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience our amazing riverside location. We hope to see you again very soon. Cheers, Shelley

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight while traveling by motorcycle, super friendly staff at front desk and a nice room with a water view. Room was large and comfortable although the water pressure was very low in the bathroom sink and there wasn't any comfortable chairs for relaxing in the room. Small things but that's the only things I had any issue with. Helens Restaurant is also right beside the hotel,which is an awesome place to eat!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
shelleymmi, General Manager at Machias River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Shelley

Reviewed 11 September 2017

The room was more than adequate for a quick overnight stopover. The late night check-in was appreciated, particularly as there was nothing else open in the region. Waking up to the view of the river was a pleasant bonus

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
shelleymmi, General Manager at Machias River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad our overnight clerk was able to accommodate you. We are open 24 hours a day all year long. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Shelley

Reviewed 31 August 2017

One of my bucket list was to see Quoddy Head Lighthouse, the Easternmost point of the US. So I asked my friend to go on the drive with me. We stayed @ Machias River Inn. We had a view of the river, the room was comfortable, price is right and the lady who checked us in was very nice. There are restaurants near by. And Quoddy Head State Park was an easy drive from Machias. I will definitely stay here again when I am back!

Room Tip: Why ask me about smoking rooms? I ask for non-smoking rooms when I travel.