“Fun time with the Kids”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 207-795-6888
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I took my two boys next door to Sea40 to the trampoline place and had a fun time with them there. I wasn’t planning on going to Sea40 but my son wanted to go to the restaurant with the dots on the door, so I was more than happy to take him there. It was the first time for my youngest to go to Hibachi and he was nervous about the fire exploding in front of him but the chef was great and really made us all laugh. The food was fantastic too and even the lunch portions of the meals fed us for three days. It was a great time and now my kids want to keep going back!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

went with a group of friends and ordered a variety of different meals at the hibachi had no complaints from anyone and lots of full stomachs. The show that the cook put on was very entertaining and he seemed to be enjoying himself as well. the place is clean and very well set up to make it a pleasant experience

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

The food tasted good and had a good amount. The service was a little slow this visit as we had to wait 15-20 minutes after we finished to get our check. Will continue to visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We needed to be at the theater in Monmouth for a 7:30 performance, so we went to Sea 40 at 5:00, counting on, at least a 40 minute drive. After drinks, sushi appetizer, miso, salad and main course, with no rushing, we arrived at the theater at 6:40. The food was excellent. The vegetables and scallops are always cooked to perfection and we haven't found better sushi anywhere outside of Japan.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Went here recently for the first time. Decor is dark & it was a bit loud, neither of which bothered me. There was a young man playing guitar and singing that evening and he was actually quite good and played a great variety of music.

So on to the food. Lived in a place for years where sushi was a staple so I'm pretty well versed in sushi, sashimi, and the like. This did not disappoint. The sweet potato and cucumber maki were both excellent. Tried a couple of bites of my dinner companion's special roll (forgot the name of it) but it was tasty and the fish was definitely fresh. The server was pleasant and attentive and kept our glasses full.

If I'm back in this area, I wouldn't hesitate to go here again, for the price, I didn't find it unreasonable. Finding decent Japanese food in Maine has proven quite difficult!