“Food good, portion not so much.”

Chick-a-Dee of Lewiston
Ranked #9 of 115 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A local restaurant that has been a family staple for years. Known for their fresh Maine Seafood in addition to their Steaks, Chicken, Salads, Sandwiches, Soups & Spirits in their new lounge. The Chick-a-Dee of Lewiston is family run and owned. This value of "family" is what makes the Chick-a-Dee a must-visit when in Lewiston.
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I was in with a large party this weekend and despite the chaos the staff did a good job of keeping everyone happy. I ordered the Boston haddock special. I asked my server about portion size and was told it would be a large portion. After seeing the mountains of food come out I knew I wouldn't go away hungry. Well... I received my food and was a bit surprised to see that the fish only took up half of a 6 inch round dish. If this was a larger portion, then what was a small? For $3 more than a regular too, I did hope for more. My Grandson's kids fish was as big or bigger than mine. Now on the bright side. The fish was cooked very well and tasty. Just not enough to satisfy me. I guess the fried platters were the way to go.Lesson learned.

1  Thank mainiac1957

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I had called a month or so ago to make a reservation for my parents' 65th wedding anniversary, which they were able to accommodate. I was pleasantly surprised the morning of the event that they called to find out how we wanted the tables arranged. When we arrived at the venue, our guest had already been seated and we had a few unexpected guests. Tables were found for them quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious. Thank you for helping make my parents' anniversary a special night.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Our waitress, Torrie, was quite busy tending bar and attending to her tables. I believe there was a recent remodel to the bar, repainted, etc. The food was quite adequate in portion, flavor and presentation. This not a fine dining restaurant, but a family eatery.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Large menu, many choices, reasonable prices, pleasant server and atmosphere. Men's restroom not clean and smelly.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I love the food here! Everything is always tasty. The restaurant could use kore updating in its decor , but it’s basically a restaurant you will find your older clientele there! But it’s good food!