“Sophie is a TEN PLUS”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Fairport, New York
“Sophie is a TEN PLUS”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We enjoyed the location,the size of the room,the setting,the pool,the pricing, the breakfast,the guests, ------and Most of all we LOVE Sophie the Manager! She could teach the Hotel Industry the ropes! She epitomizes customer service and went above and beyond the call of duty to make our stay an absolute pleasure. Long live Sophie and Turbat's Creek!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montréal
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We LOVED this motel. As soon as we got there we were already sad to be staying only one night. The lady who greeted us was amazing. We were only there for two days and yet she gladly showed us a map of the town and recommended tons of restaurants we could try. The beach is a 5 minute drive and probably no more than a 10 minutes bike.

Very clean rooms, independent A/C, free parking, large rooms and bathrooms, pool (we didn't enjoy it as the beach is right next door!)

If I had one negative comment to point out... would be the breakfast (at the reception, don't have great expectations) which s pretty much cereal, muffins, cake, coffee and juice. But the room is very cheap - you can have breakfast in town. Besides that..... well, the room was very yellow and had old decoration. But who cares!? :)

This little town itself is lovely. All is near, you can just walk around and enjoy the nice terraces. I strongly recommend this motel as well as the town itself. You should try it!! We WILL be back!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This is my second and last night here. My room smells like the dirtiest wet dog and it is disgusting. Last night I literally wrapped a clean pair of sweatpants over my face so I could fall asleep. The smell is unbearable. Now, two nights in a row, I have walked into my bathroom and have, so far, killed 4 spiders, 6 of those pincher looking bugs, and multiple other species. There was "other's hair" in my shower, and after I requested my room be thoroughly cleaned...the hairs are still in the bathroom, the room smells worse than an animal shelter, and the only difference is, my bed is now re-made. Not impressed, not worth the $400 for two nights. I thought this was an inexpensive alternative to the nonantum (where I was going to a wedding) but clearly this was a CHEAP alternative and should have spent the extra $100 per night. Extremely disappointed and beyond disgusted. I should have slept in my car.

• Stayed September 2011
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My friend and I made the decision to give the Lodge at Turbat's Creek a try this year and get away from the hustle and bustle of busy Route 1 and the throngs of tourists who congregate all along the corridor. I was a litle concerned that the lodge was a bit away from everything, but the peace and quiet of its location made it worth the extra drive.
The lodge is very pleasant and clean, the grounds well kept, and the rooms very clean and sporting spacious bathrooms with all the amenities a traveler needs.
And there is Sophie. My friend and I sincerely hope that Sophie's employers know what an asset she is to the success of their lodge. This cheerful, accomodating lady knows customer service inside out, and goes out of her way to provide her guests with the best. She is willing to go the extra mile to make everyone feel as though they've just come home. This kind of front desk persona is almost non existent in the hotel trade, and she is worth her weight and then some in pure gold!
The continental breakfast was quite pleasant, the coffee fresh if not strong enough for my taste, and the cereal choices were excellent. There was fresh fruit and juice, and the ever cheerful Sophie there to make sure the food table was clean, refreshed and looking as though you were the first in line.
This is a very good choice for couples who are looking to get away from the craziness of the main drag of Route 1. Families will fare well here, too. The inground pool is large but a bit dated, concrete and a tiny bit ragged round the edges, but very clean and refreshing. The poolside furniture is quite lovely and comfortable. The grounds are spacious, well groomed and there are tables and chairs to sit at and enjoy the woodland setting. The rooms are well sized and quite clean and don't smell moldy or antiseptic. The bathrooms are quite large, with granite countertops and modern fixtures. The mattresses are not top of the line, but comfy nonetheless and the bedding clean. We were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay, and I would recommend the Lodge at Turbat's Creek to any traveler.
My wish list for the Lodge, as it is for nearly every motel we have ever stayed at, is a bathing suit water extractor which could be situated by an ice machine. This handy little unit resembles a miniature washing machine that spin drys towels and suits so that travelers can wake up to a dry suit instead of a cold, wet article that makes one shudder when one has to put it back on. And that is the only improvement I could come up with for the Lodge at Turbat's Creek.
Thank you, Sophie, for making our stay so enjoyable and home-like. You are really a treasure, and the Lodge at Turbat's Creek shines because of you!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank GallopingGourmand58
ny
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was a good place for families or couples. The breakfast muffins were good, the staff was friendly and it was nice to be away from the traffic and people in downtown Kennebunkport. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
2.0 km away
0.5 km away
Rhumb Line Resort
Rhumb Line Resort
#5 of 5 in Kennebunkport

Been to Lodge at Turbat's Creek? Share your experiences!