“Excellent setting, service and food”

The White Barn Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Barn Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Price range: US$125 - US$165
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: Fine American cuisine served in a fabulously converted barn. The White Barn Inn Restaurant is a AAA Five Diamond, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Châteaux property.
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Went here with collegues for a celebration. The restaurant/staff really went that extra mile and made this evening very special. I have nothing to complain about than it should be located closer to where I live.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Great restaurant but bring a fat wallet with you. For 2, plan on spending somewhere between $100 to $200.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

This elegant, formal restaurant in a barn (some barn!) is a special occasion place. The setting, food, wine list, and service may justify the very steep price.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I had dinner at The White Barn Inn and cannot say enough wonderful things about the experience. Specifically, we were very impressed with the service, the food, the decor and the special occasion atmosphere of the restaurant. We began by having cocktails made by the friendliest (yet professional) bartender while sitting in a very comfortable spot in order to survey the beautiful room. The restaurant is a converted barn and has a stunning garden that is visible from the inside through a giant glass window. The overall effect is rustic and elegant at the same time. We chose the tasting menu with accompanying wines- pricey, but worth it! Each course was delicious, unique and presented with laid-back flair (if you can imagine such a thing!). We really enjoyed hearing about each wine as well. My husband's favorite selection was a smoked lobster that truly tasted divine. The entire experience bordered on magical for us. Granted we are huge fans for multi-course meals and we are also born and raised New Englanders so we were bound to appreciate the formality of the dining process combined with the more informal style of a Maine restaurant. For comparison purposes, we used to live in Paris and had many meals in "fancy" French restaurants- George V, Boyer Les Crayeres, Chevre d'Or. We loved those experiences as well, but (dare we say!) we loved The White Barn more. We felt totally at ease with their more American approach to fine dining (less formal, distant servers, less pressure to chose the perfect meal, less foodie snobbery?) while still maintaining the highest standards for ingredients, preparation and presentation. I hope you enjoy your time there!

2  Thank eatdrinkbemerry36
Reviewed 5 January 2012

What an outstanding restaurant! My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. I highly recommend this restaurant anytime but especially for a special occasion. It was a true dining event, not just a meal. We would recommend chosing the wine pairing. The service is impeccible and the food extraordinary, even for a vegetarian like myself. It is definitely worth the price.