Hounds Tooth Inn
US$113
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$152
US$117
Hampton.com
The Lodge at Kennebunk(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$64
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$165
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa(Kennebunk)
US$351
US$316
US$75
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$206
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We chose the Hounds Tooth Inn as the venue for a weekend celebration of a family birthday and it proved to be a great choice. We were welcomed warmly...all of us, including our dog...and our special dietary requirements (gluten-free, dairy-free) were very well met. Our rooms were very comfortable and clean. The Inn's gardens were beautiful and so pleasant to sit in and relax. Easy drive to the beach and to Kennebunk/Kennebunkport waterfront. And our hosts had thought of everything to make our stay a success, including maps, brochures for local attractions, restaurant menus, etc. Great place...highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We have had the pleasure of being guests of Randee and Norm a few times. It is always such a pleasure.

My VERY favorite thing about staying at Hounds Tooth is that it is the only place I have ever stayed with my dogs where I truly feel welcomed. We have stayed many places that claim they are pet friendly but in truth dogs are just tolerated.

Both the inside and the outside grounds have an atmosphere right out of Cottage Living. The rooms (we have stayed in two different rooms) are very clean, have comfortable beds, great bathrooms and a comfortable sitting area. That is another thing I love about this place. It is so clean! Just because I have two furry companions does not mean I don't like my accomodations clean and tidy.

The outside is also very inviting. Typically I like to lounge after breakfast on a comfy chair in the back yard with my dogs. It is peaceful. There are perrenial gardens all around. Just outside of the kitchen area and back porch there is a fenced in grassy area for the dogs. It is equiped with umbrellas for shade and a big tub of water. The fence is short so the dogs can see out. All of the outdoor areas are charming and have little details of dog themed items all around.

Breakfast is also very good. Randee prides herself in the variety and quality of her mutl-course breakfasts. Frequently there are items from her garden incorporated into the meal. We have met some very interesting people from all over the world. It is such a treat to meet others who feel the same way about their dogs as we do.

For those that are unfamiliar with the area, Randee always can provide suggestions of places to eat or activities. It is fun to hear about the local happenings. She can provide advice on shortcuts, the best salads, what to expect at the local dog park, what the rules are at the various beaches, etc.

Room Tip: Just fyi (in case you have a dog that has trouble with stairs), there is only one room downstairs and the rest are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Arrived after 9PM only to be personally welcomed by Randee, who helped me in with my dog bags and luggage. Breakfast was served at any requested time for each guest with fresh garden vegetables. Randee is an incredible innkeeper who has thought of everything from dog friendly restaurants, beaches and parks down to where to stop for lobster and ice cream on the way home. On top of that, she is a kind and compassionate dog lover who has wonderful conversations with her guests and treats them as if she was her personal friend. I was told about this inn by a guest who I met at Stephen Huneck's dog chapel and happily pass along the news about this gem in Kennebunkport so you can discover it yourself.

Room Tip: Every room is wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at this exceptional B&B.
While a part of me wants to keep this Inn our own little secret, it is only fair to share our experience with other dog lovers.
My husband Scott, our Great Pyrenese Lilah and I, arrived Friday PM and were warmly greeted by Randee, the Inn owner. Randee is delightful, informative, extremely accommodating, and a wonderful cook backed up by her "behind the scenes" husband. Just one example of how accommodating she is, coffee is ready at 6 AM and breakfast is at 9AM to accommodate those of us who are frolicking on the beach with our dogs in the early AM. Kennebunk beaches are dog friendly, but during high season there are restricted hours. Dogs can be on the beach up until 9AM and after 5PM.
The Inn has an ample yard (maybe an acre) for you to walk your dog(s) as well as a comfortable picketed fence area from which your dog can watch you as you enjoy a goumet breakfast and great conversation in the beautiful country kitchen. And, the inn is easily accessible to the old town of Kennebunk with beaches and restaurants that are dog friendly.
There are 4 rooms. We stayed in the Queens Chamber, which I believe is the smallest of the 4 rooms, and we were quite comfortable. There was more than enough room for Lilah to stretch out and to our surpirse the bathroom is huge. We did not see the other rooms, but everyone we spoke with stated they were great.
As perhaps the most impressive recomendation, there were guests we met who were extremely interesting, traveling in from Europe, very interactive with all of the guest at our group breakfasts, and didn't have a pet!
Randee, to no surprise, has many repeat guests. One of the guests we met were on their 4th visit with their girl Maggie.
The Inn is open year round and there are specials noted on the web site which you should visit for more information. We plan to return often.............Cheers Randy........Scott, Elaine and Lilah

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This was our third...well, maybe fourth stay with Randee and Norm and it will not be our last as the Hound's Tooth has truly become a home away from home for Maggie, our Collie/Corgi/Miscellaneous companion, Holly and me. Impeccable grounds, comfortable and spacious rooms with Randee's clever furnishing and decorating style, and the breakfasts....Oh the breakfasts!
All of the laudatory posts that you will read about the Hound's Tooth are accurate but do not depict the delight, comfort and friendliness that you and your pet(s) will experience during your stay at this one of a kind inn where both four legged guests and their owners are made to feel special.
See you soon Randee and Norm! " A KEEPER!"

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple