US$125
Orbitz.com
Pamola Motor Lodge(Millinocket)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$98
Baxter Park Inn(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$131
US$120
US$104
Hotel Terrace and Restaurant(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
US$87
Travelocity
Knights Inn Woodstock(Jacksonville)
US$84
US$74
All reviewshouse managergreat grandfathersauna and jacuzzimorning yogagranolaother guestsblueberry pickingfavorite activitiesabsolutely fell in loveenjoy naturecountry stylestayed longerwindow seatcute towndelicious homemadeper daybody and soul
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I stayed 3 weeks in this historical, cozy house that I called home for this period of time. Every room is unique and confortable, with a lot of beautiful details.
Donna (the owner and yoga teacher) offers everything we need to feel great with ourselves: real food, 2 yoga classes a day (Kundalini was a new and great experience for me!), meditation by the river and free time to rest and explore the nature around. I fell in love with the lake, the grass, the blue sky and the color of Maine in Autumn. And all my friends and family could see how happy I was just by the pictures!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you so kindly for writing this review- you were a wonderful addition / presence and part of that 3 weeks - helpful and knowledgeable- and we loved the class you kindly offered to teach- learned a lot!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I just completed a 3 week/200hr. immersion yoga teacher/training at the Sewall House with Donna Davidge. The retreat exemplifies what yoga is all about. You and your soul. It's about being real and at peace and Donnas attention is tailored to your ability. No competion, no stress.
The other guests at the retreat were there for the Maine beauty and hospitality that the retreat has to offer as well as a writing workshop. It only took about 2 minutes at the dinner table to feel like you were at a gathering of friends and family enjoying Nadjas delicious Vegan cooking!
This is a retreat, not a club...pack your makeup and shoes, or just leave them home because you won't need them!
And..BREATHE

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much for this darling review! We are so glad you were a part of --and helped to make- this training so fun and wonderful while embracing all the other things we were sharing with guests while you were here with us- true! Leave your makeup behind- for a comfortable casual time!
Just be you!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I highly recommend this yoga/meditation retreat - the beautiful setting, the daily schedule, the beautiful home, the daily meals, the yoga instruction - all of it! What a gift to spend some time in Maine, in the presence of such a wonderful yoga teacher and inviting environment. Donna's teaching approach is warm and welcoming and she truly accommodates all yoga skill levels in her classes. As a beginner, I appreciated this! The daily meditation was a perfect start to the day, and the three vegan/veg meals a day were the most satisfying and delicious. I spent a week at Sewall House and left feeling more grounded, connected to myself, and calm. I can't wait to return. I highly recommend this yoga retreat to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you so so much! We are grateful
For your super review and so glad you have booked to come back already for thanksgiving! See you soon- with love
And gratitude- we always try to meet guests at their level!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I spent 3 weeks at Sewall House for my yoga teacher training, and would recommend it to anyone seeking peace, comfort, a feeling of home, lots of warmth and conviviality. Donna is a fantastic yoga teacher! She teaches hatha in the morning (and is very, very competent in varied styles of yoga, with many years of ashtanga and iyengar practice) and kundalini yoga in the evenings (if you've never tried, it's fun, playful, and so incredibly effective to relax, to feel healthy, free, confident, and Donna's the right person to start with: she's practiced this form of yoga for decades now and is so knowledgeable). The food is excellent vegetarian with vegan options, and the chef will go out of her way to adapt to your dietary needs. The setting is gorgeous, peaceful, lovely, and the house exudes homeliness, serenity, and a healthy, quiet, introspective and intimate vibe, with so much character and history! I came back from my training, not just with a yoga teacher certificate, but genuinely transformed!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you SO SO much! We offer teacher trainings every spring and September too! Ongoing yoga retreats and events in between in July and August - retreats May to Columbus Day! Love to you-

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I went on the yoga and writing retreat, and it was one of the best retreats I've been on. Sewall House itself is a cozy, quaint, and laid-back place to stay. Donna, the owner and yoga instructor, is beyond accommodating and friendly. She made me feel so welcome, and she is an excellent yoga instructor, tailoring yoga to your needs. The food prepared by Nadja is simply incredible. We had vegan meals the whole stay, and each meal was delicious. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, and the meals were delicious and more than satisfying. Even though I brought snacks, I didn't need them--I was never hungry. The writing retreat was the best one I've done. Maria, the instructor, is fantastic. I've been on writing workshops before, and I didn't get much out of them. I don't need new ideas or prompts, I need completion and focus. Maria worked with each of us individually on our specific goals, and she created simple exercises that helped open up the creativity inside. Combining yoga and meditation with writing, for me, facilitated my writing.

Keep in mind, some rooms do not have private bathrooms so you have to share a bathroom. That doesn't bother me at all, and bathroom availability was never an issue.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Pine Cone Room on the 2nd floor--lovely, plenty of space, next to the bathroom, which was convenient for me.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you so so much for writing this review! Good news on the bathroom situation- the pinecone room with queen bed will have its own bathroom with soaking tub 2018 season- and writing will be offered again!!
We are so thankful you had such a good experience