US$125
Orbitz.com
Pamola Motor Lodge(Millinocket)
US$98
US$95
Baxter Park Inn(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$104
Hotel Terrace and Restaurant(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$139
US$71
All reviewsgreat grandfathersauna and jacuzzihouse managermorning yogagranolaother guestsfavorite activitiesblueberry pickingstayed longercountry styledelicious homemadelife storiesnearby lakeshared bathmaple syrupnew englandmaine woods
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I highly recommend this yoga/meditation retreat - the beautiful setting, the daily schedule, the beautiful home, the daily meals, the yoga instruction - all of it! What a gift to spend some time in Maine, in the presence of such a wonderful yoga teacher and inviting environment. Donna's teaching approach is warm and welcoming and she truly accommodates all yoga skill levels in her classes. As a beginner, I appreciated this! The daily meditation was a perfect start to the day, and the three vegan/veg meals a day were the most satisfying and delicious. I spent a week at Sewall House and left feeling more grounded, connected to myself, and calm. I can't wait to return. I highly recommend this yoga retreat to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thank you so so much! We are grateful
For your super review and so glad you have booked to come back already for thanksgiving! See you soon- with love
And gratitude- we always try to meet guests at their level!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I spent 3 weeks at Sewall House for my yoga teacher training, and would recommend it to anyone seeking peace, comfort, a feeling of home, lots of warmth and conviviality. Donna is a fantastic yoga teacher! She teaches hatha in the morning (and is very, very competent in varied styles of yoga, with many years of ashtanga and iyengar practice) and kundalini yoga in the evenings (if you've never tried, it's fun, playful, and so incredibly effective to relax, to feel healthy, free, confident, and Donna's the right person to start with: she's practiced this form of yoga for decades now and is so knowledgeable). The food is excellent vegetarian with vegan options, and the chef will go out of her way to adapt to your dietary needs. The setting is gorgeous, peaceful, lovely, and the house exudes homeliness, serenity, and a healthy, quiet, introspective and intimate vibe, with so much character and history! I came back from my training, not just with a yoga teacher certificate, but genuinely transformed!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you SO SO much! We offer teacher trainings every spring and September too! Ongoing yoga retreats and events in between in July and August - retreats May to Columbus Day! Love to you-

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I went on the yoga and writing retreat, and it was one of the best retreats I've been on. Sewall House itself is a cozy, quaint, and laid-back place to stay. Donna, the owner and yoga instructor, is beyond accommodating and friendly. She made me feel so welcome, and she is an excellent yoga instructor, tailoring yoga to your needs. The food prepared by Nadja is simply incredible. We had vegan meals the whole stay, and each meal was delicious. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, and the meals were delicious and more than satisfying. Even though I brought snacks, I didn't need them--I was never hungry. The writing retreat was the best one I've done. Maria, the instructor, is fantastic. I've been on writing workshops before, and I didn't get much out of them. I don't need new ideas or prompts, I need completion and focus. Maria worked with each of us individually on our specific goals, and she created simple exercises that helped open up the creativity inside. Combining yoga and meditation with writing, for me, facilitated my writing.

Keep in mind, some rooms do not have private bathrooms so you have to share a bathroom. That doesn't bother me at all, and bathroom availability was never an issue.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Pine Cone Room on the 2nd floor--lovely, plenty of space, next to the bathroom, which was convenient for me.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you so so much for writing this review! Good news on the bathroom situation- the pinecone room with queen bed will have its own bathroom with soaking tub 2018 season- and writing will be offered again!!
We are so thankful you had such a good experience

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Beat all my expectations! Beautiful setting, non-judgy yoga classes (with gifted owner Donna), warm and inspiring writing sessions (led by the talented Maria Masseirosato), delicious, filling and heathy meals (by resident chef and house manager Ravi Kirin or Nadja with her able and cheerful assistants.). I hope to go back and back and back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you so so much for your positive review! We hope you come back too!
Warmest regards from sewall house

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Donna Sewall Davidge met me in NYC and invited me to come to her wonderful paradise in Maine to co/teach a yoga retreat with her. I couldn't have been more satisfied with the place and how comfortable it was for me to be a yoga teacher there as she treated me exactly as if I was a staying guest during my time off of teaching morning classes. All the rooms in the house are spotless clean and each have an individual touch and country style as if it was a museum house from another century. There is no noise ever except for the occasional Hamish carriage passing by pulled by a trotting horse and a rare car at very slow speed. The vegetarian cooking of miss Nadia is exquisite and satisfying to a big appetite three times a day. Donna is a wonderful kundalini yoga teacher who actually made me like it even though I didn't use to because I practice and teach Vinyasa yoga.
The nearby lake and kayaking, the hikes to the hills are invigorating and inspiring. I had the best dreams every nights sleeping in my top floor nest bedroom. There is a wonderful Sauna and many bathrooms with great tubs and showers. I think that the appearance of the place is much better than what you see on the pictures and that the price including yoga and meals over the stay should be much more expensive which is why it's fine for people to stay even if yoga isn't their thing because Donna's home and energy is contagious and opens people's heart within a couple of days. I've actually seen a young woman there, who was quiet closed, become so open that she was emotional at the end of the week when it was time for her to return to a big city as a professor in a university.
You can see more about me and pictures during September 2017 at Sewall house at yogafrommars.com
ITG: @yogafrommars

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy teaching schedule to write this review!
I just want to add that I teach(and sewall house offers) Hatha, vinyasa,nidra, restorative (which you and I co-taught so nicely together as commented on by a guest!) as well as iyengar and ashtanga influenced classes in the morning - we gratefully had you teach in the morning during your stay- thank you for bringing your life and teaching experience and embracing the kayaking, hiking and other group experiences with us and our guests! While kundalini is what we offer in the evening - which I have been teaching for over 30 years- we offer many forms of yoga in our morning classes based on guests needs and level (as you did!) besides the afternoon kundalini yoga classes-

We thank you again for your kind review!