US$125
Orbitz.com
Pamola Motor Lodge(Millinocket)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$98
Baxter Park Inn(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$120
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$104
Hotel Terrace and Restaurant(Millinocket)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$164
US$159
Knights Inn Woodstock(Jacksonville)
US$74
All reviewshouse managergreat grandfathersauna and jacuzzimorning yogagranolaother guestsblueberry pickingfavorite activitiesabsolutely fell in loveenjoy naturecountry stylestayed longerwindow seatcute towndelicious homemadeper daybody and soul
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I came to study the Terrain of Theodore Roosevelt (TR) and left with a whole new set of friends. I can see why TR felt so indebted to Maine. Donna Davidge and the entire team define hospitality. They are exceptional, genuine and knowledgeable. They have decades of yoga expertise and a day with them is a day worth spending. My only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. I do a lot of yoga as well and can see their dedication and commitment to expanding opportunities for others. Whether it is yoga, studying Theodore Roosevelt, spending time on the water or just hanging out in Island Falls and the surrounding area, you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend spending time at the Sewall House. Namaste!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

These were such fantastic guests and we are glad they had such a good time with us as we did with them! Discussing Yoga- Teddy Roosevelt- the great outdoors and love of nature! and challenges! Thank you SO much for finding Sewall House- and doing strong poses with us in front of your sign:) fun spontaneous moments shared!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I had the honor of a being at Sewall House as a retreat guest for a day, then stayed for Donna's 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program for 21 days. Sewall House has an amazing vibe, great energy and lots of love! It was wonderful getting to know people as they came and went and hear about the different stages of their lives. The meals were unbelievable (OMG! Nadja's key lime pie!!) and the meal conversations often very deep and thought provoking. Donna's yoga teaching style is unsurpassed as is her experience! In 3 weeks, she taught whatever yoga we asked of her (at least 6 different styles), and also managed to customize her classes for each student. As a teacher trainer, having access to that kind of diversified knowledge is simply unheard of! If you're looking for a small teacher training in an intimate setting - look no further! (Yes, it's intense. Yes, it's worth it!) If you're looking for a place to go to step away from your norm to experience, heal, relax, reflect and improve - look no further! Sewall House will always have a special place in my heart, and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderfully kind review- we are so grateful to you for your words and taking the time to write this- we hope you visit again soon- with love, sewall house staff

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Years ago, Donna taught me kundalini yoga at a gym in Manhattan. Because of her, I discovered a love of yoga and expanded my practice. I finally made it to Donna's beautiful Sewell House and loved getting to take Donna's kundalini classes again and her other yoga and meditation classes while on retreat! Donna made such an amazing effort to cater to her students' needs, and my practice grew in just a week. I did my first headstand thanks to Donna! Meanwhile, Nadja cooked the most delicious foods and took into consideration my many food allergies. Sewall House is set in a tranquil town, and each room has its own unique charm; all are impeccably clean and comfortable. Going forward, trips to Sewall House will have to occur every summer for me. I came home refreshed and relaxed. Thank you, Donna!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

We thank you so much for finding us in Maine and not just in NYC:) and that your food and yoga needs were met with us! We also want to note that though this guest met us through Kundalini Yoga we do offer many forms- fitted to your needs- of yoga and meditation- and that she got her first headstand against the wall! With gratitude and laughter-

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I met Donna two years ago when she taught another retreat at an outdoor sports center and quickly realized she had a unique gift as a teacher and healer. So I followed her to Sewall House last year for my first visit there after I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder caused by stress. My visit was an amazing experience of yoga, meditation, massage, and lots of hiking on the trails close to Island Falls. When I had a check up with my Naturopath after my visit, she prescribed a minimum of two visits to Sewall House every year! And I intend to follow her advice as I quickly realized the healing and relaxation offered at Sewall House is truly unique
So this year I returned (I must admit I was eagerly awaiting their opening date in May during the winter months).
Once again I experienced a most welcoming atmosphere and met other guests from different areas of the country and different backgrounds and goals who enjoyed conversation around the table while enjoying Nadja's delicious food. In her yoga class, Donna was able to focus on each of our goals and needs and welcomed questions, offered guidance and made it so much fun we didn't want the classes to end.
We also had time to explore the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument with Donna and found several beautiful waterfalls. We hiked up Sugarloaf Mountain nearby and saw the snow still on Katahdin. Thank you Donna and Nadja and see you very soon!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review! We look forward to more hiking, yoga, meals and friendship with you!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Sewall House is simply terrific! I've been there twice and hope/expect to visit each year and also bring my family. Both the very advanced athletic yogi with devout practice disciplines or absolute novice of any age or fitness level will find welcome sanctuary here. The house itself is Donna's family ancestral home and has a rich history of healing and hospitality long before it was a top yoga retreat. Think equal parts cozy Grandma's rustic farmhouse (barn included) brimming with books and treasures and part yoga studio. Hot tub and sauna as well. History buffs will be in their glory and the town library, cafe, and another historic house/museum are a pebbles throw away.

There is an " energy something" that is plain, wonderful and even sacred that's in the wood and bones of the place that rejuvenates the soul. I've overheard other guests commenting similarly. Perhaps due to it's legacy and partly due to the revolving guests practicing meditation and yoga and definitely in large part due to Donna and her staff's vibe of goodness.

Although a frequent motto is to "strive to keep up", Sewall House has a very relaxed feel that is both yogic and personal escape that will vary from guest to guest depending on their needs. If you wish to skip a yoga session or morning meditation and opt instead to sleep in, swim, relax on the porch reading/petting the cats or wish to take a woodsy or mountain hike you will not be made to feel at odds. Instead you'll be greeted with a smile and asked if you'd like to take a packed lunch. (Regarding the cats there are several and as an asthmatic who has cat allegergies they never bothered me...they also maintain an ardent vacuuming regimen...they run a tight clean ship.)

The house manager, Nadia is a terrific chef (and skilled yogi too and has her own vegetarian cookbook with delicious recipes that defy belief) as are all the guest chefs who they frequently employ.
I am not a vegetarian yet thouroughly enjoyed all the family meals, daily desserts and fresh baked bread. You will not go hungry; quite the opposite you'll be pleasantly stuffed and somehow not gain weight.

Donna is a highly accomished yogi (3+ decades of teaching experience) who teaches a diverse range of yoga styles and is clearly at the Master level. I enjoyed the daily Kundalini with the regular mixed inclusion of Hatha, Ashtanga/Power, Vinyassa, Restorative, Iyengar concepts as well as Nidra. She is ever mindful of personal limitations and works around all injuries with a wealth of modifications.

The town of Island Falls is a sleepy little speck of a place that has it's own charm and cast of kind neighbors and friends, along with guest teachers who pop in. I enrolled in the three week teacher training program and simply loved it. Many retreat guests are from around the world and country as well as the New England area.

I highly recommend Sewall House for a yoga retreat or teacher training to anyone seeking a personal yoga experience with a devoted host and staff.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
MaineAmrita, Owner at Sewall House Yoga Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2017

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts (and sewall soul) for this beautiful review- and taking the time to be so thorough! With love and gratitude from all of us- cats included