All reviews maple hill farm the barn sauna and hot tub beautiful farm augusta maine blueberry pancakes perfect hosts front porch wedding weekend french toast b b's our room was spacious common areas short drive breakfast was excellent new england vince
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Maple Hill Farm Inn is the only place I will consider staying in the Augusta, Maine area. A beautiful farm inn, a welcoming and friendly host and a peaceful night of sleep prepared me for a busy day of Capitol events, meetings and presentations. Scott was very helpful and I was impressed with the attention to guest needs, including a breakfast-to-go because I had to leave early in the morning. This inn highly deserves the accolades it receives for its clean energy systems but is worth a stay because of its comfort for its overnight guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I don't really want to publicize the charm of this inn, so that it continues to be the wonderful, quiet get-away that it is. However, I owe it to the terrific inn keepers to do so. It's a very welcoming, pretty, comfortable place to stay. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R L
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I work for a local law enforcement agency. For the first time in the history of the organization a deputy retired after successfully completing twenty-five years of service. We needed a special venue to host the retirement party for this monumental event. After talking with Scott and Vince and then visiting Maple Hill Farm B&B, I knew we'd found the right place. The first thing I noticed was the ease in finding the establishment, even though it's secluded and extremely private. The layout and the staff add to a very welcoming atmosphere, too. Next, the conference center is pleasant and very comfortable, especially considering the mood-setting fireplace. I found the use of the hidden screen and projector to be beneficial as well. Add to this the dinner, which was tastefully displayed and plentiful for the attendees, and I truly believe no other business could touch the experience we were given. If I had to describe Maple Hill Farm B&B in one word... IMPECCABLE. Thank you Scott, Vince, Karen, Peter, and the rest of the staff for a memorable time!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The Inn is beautiful. The sun rose over the snowy hill behind the Inn and we watched chickadees in the early morning feeding outside our window. The owners were on a well deserved vacation. We were in the very capable hands of "inn-sitters" Peter and Dawn, who settled us in and made sure we had everything that we needed for our two night stay. Recommendations for a restaurant were spot on. Finding out that we were from Machiasport, they were quickly able to make all the connections. We felt right at home.

After dinner, a wonderful night's sleep. The bed assembly of sheet, blanket and wicked warm comforter reminded me of the B&B's in Ireland. There was a TV in the room, but I am afraid we conked out before we ever turned that on. Room 4 has a huge desk and overlooks the front lawn. It was terrific.

Karen cooks a great breakfast. We were not hungry for most of the day. She is the cook and waitress, clearing dishes as soon as we were finished. I don't know how she does all that.

Peter and Dawn were perfect innkeepers throughout out stay. The owners must feel very comfortable leaving their property in their hands. I am sure that is because of Peter's ties to Downeast.......just saying.

We don't often find ourselves in Augusta, but if we did, we would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Don't be put off by Room 4 having a bathroom across the hall. It is designated for Room 4 only. It is a very small hall and the bath is directly across from the room. It was extremely private.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed for one night at the Inn. The owners were super nice and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. They've really thought of everything you could need when staying there. The jacuzzi tub in our room was even bigger than we thought it would be, very relaxing. Breakfast in the morning was amazing. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple