All reviews maple hill farm the barn sauna and hot tub beautiful farm augusta maine blueberry pancakes perfect hosts front porch wedding weekend french toast b b's our room was spacious common areas short drive breakfast was excellent new england vince
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I work for a local law enforcement agency. For the first time in the history of the organization a deputy retired after successfully completing twenty-five years of service. We needed a special venue to host the retirement party for this monumental event. After talking with Scott and Vince and then visiting Maple Hill Farm B&B, I knew we'd found the right place. The first thing I noticed was the ease in finding the establishment, even though it's secluded and extremely private. The layout and the staff add to a very welcoming atmosphere, too. Next, the conference center is pleasant and very comfortable, especially considering the mood-setting fireplace. I found the use of the hidden screen and projector to be beneficial as well. Add to this the dinner, which was tastefully displayed and plentiful for the attendees, and I truly believe no other business could touch the experience we were given. If I had to describe Maple Hill Farm B&B in one word... IMPECCABLE. Thank you Scott, Vince, Karen, Peter, and the rest of the staff for a memorable time!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The Inn is beautiful. The sun rose over the snowy hill behind the Inn and we watched chickadees in the early morning feeding outside our window. The owners were on a well deserved vacation. We were in the very capable hands of "inn-sitters" Peter and Dawn, who settled us in and made sure we had everything that we needed for our two night stay. Recommendations for a restaurant were spot on. Finding out that we were from Machiasport, they were quickly able to make all the connections. We felt right at home.

After dinner, a wonderful night's sleep. The bed assembly of sheet, blanket and wicked warm comforter reminded me of the B&B's in Ireland. There was a TV in the room, but I am afraid we conked out before we ever turned that on. Room 4 has a huge desk and overlooks the front lawn. It was terrific.

Karen cooks a great breakfast. We were not hungry for most of the day. She is the cook and waitress, clearing dishes as soon as we were finished. I don't know how she does all that.

Peter and Dawn were perfect innkeepers throughout out stay. The owners must feel very comfortable leaving their property in their hands. I am sure that is because of Peter's ties to Downeast.......just saying.

We don't often find ourselves in Augusta, but if we did, we would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Don't be put off by Room 4 having a bathroom across the hall. It is designated for Room 4 only. It is a very small hall and the bath is directly across from the room. It was extremely private.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed for one night at the Inn. The owners were super nice and gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. They've really thought of everything you could need when staying there. The jacuzzi tub in our room was even bigger than we thought it would be, very relaxing. Breakfast in the morning was amazing. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We truly enjoyed our New Years Eve stay at Maple Hill. Scott and Vince are wonderful innkeepers and we loved the "homey" feeling. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. Thanks for ringing in 2013 with us - we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Earlene I
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Very, very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom. One of the hosts waited up for us to arrive late and gave us a tour of the kitchen area before showing us our room. The breakfast was fantastic. We enjoyed the view of the llama chasing the wild turkeys out front, and the grounds were beautiful. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again next time I visit Maine.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family