All reviewssunday lunchthe pubcauliflower cheesefamily mealon arrivalfamily roomroom was clean
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Sorry say but was quite disappointed with our short stay, although staff are friendly and accommodating - on arrival we were told that the kitchen was closed and no food was available, which if we'd been informed beforehand we could have eaten before arrival, the nearest place to eat was a 30 minute walk away to another pub which served food, luckily the other pub was dog friendly. The room was clean but on the small side for 2 guests and 2 dogs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

we recently stayed one night, with 2 westies and a 1 year old. we brought our own travel cot.
there was plenty of room for us in the family room, which was easily accessible from the beer garden. convient for dog owners. maybe not the quietest room as the window opens direct onto the beer garden, but we were there a saturday night with live music and we experianced no problems (plus the live music was great). breakfast was lovely, made to order, they even made a small plate for my daughter. it's a quaint pub, not high end, but good quality the room was apparently recently refurbished and it was tastefully done. we'd happily stay again.
we didn't eat at the pub in the evening so i'm not sure if the pub was pet friendly as well as the bedrooms.

Room Tip: pet friendly
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Despite what appeared to be just a normal country pub, I have to say the food was outstanding. However, when it comes to creating something appetizing for Vegans a lot of so called chefs fail miserably...Not in this case..all three courses, were imaginative and most importantly the flavours were perfectly thought out..not your normal "just bung a salad on a plate" and they'll be happy. The night was an RNA dinner and the host looked after us so well too..
Do not lose that Chef...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We came here for a family meal and were not disappointed. This place may be out of the way, but it's well worth a drive. It's in a picturesque location, the food is of a very good quality and the staff are very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin A
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Arrived too an already quite packed pub for dinner. As always the staff were friendly and found us a table where we could choose our menu choices in comfort. For the price we both went for £11.25 (3 courses) meal. None of which were small portions might I add.

I had a really hot Leek & Potato soup with fresh warm bread, followed by a traditional Roast Beef dinner (loved the cauliflower cheese). I didn't think I could do it but I had Apple Pie & Custard again piping hot.

I think soon, people will need to book to get a table here, especially when people realise how good the food tastes too.

Yes I coming back, bringing my walking group in July, booked in advance too.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends