“Great BBQ in a relaxed and fun atmosphere”
Review of Buck's Naked BBQ

Buck's Naked BBQ
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 October 2018

My wife and I went with a friend for dinner. The rustic interior and various decorations, combined with lots of people out for a good time, made for a nice atmosphere.
We ordered the fried pickle chips to munch while we decided what to get for main courses. They were delivered piping hot and were great. The serving was so large that we had kind of stopped halfway through and we were glad when some other friends happened by our table to say hi and took the rest of them off our hands. TGFF.
I tried the sliced brisket sandwich. It was good, done right but not something a dedicated BBQ fan would write home about. The sauces on the side were very good. All in all I would definitely return for this sandwich, just not worth a detour. My wife and our friend were very happy with their dishes as well.
Our friends who came by our table earlier had just started tucking into their ribs when we were leaving and one of them said they were among the best he’s ever had.
The service was friendly and fast, excellent in fact. The atmosphere was lively and, at the same time, relaxed -- sort of a contrast in a way but a very nice vibe. You feel like you can party if you want but it’s also cool to just chill, which we did. Very nice.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I stopped here on the way back from LL Bean, which is probably how a lot of the non-Mainers end up here. I wasn’t sure what to order, then I saw smoked pastrami, something I’ve been curious to try. The server confirmed it was a good choice. It was an excellent choice! The smoking made the pastrami less fatty, but left an incredible taste. This place is definitely worth another visit!

Reviewed 14 October 2018

we stopped here for lunch when we arrived in town....as it was next to the hotel....wow.. food was great, service was the best... homemade mac and cheese was awesome...french dip and ff was mouth watering.... wanted to eat here again but wanted to try seafood places....dont miss this one...so worth a stop

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Being from Texas, I'm picky about my BBQ. We stopped here for lunch en route from Boston and Bar Harbor. I hadn't researched, and my expectations weren't very high. But, from the first bite I knew I had underestimated Buck's Naked BBQ. The BBQ was very tasty and came with various sauces to please the different BBQ preferences.

We spent two weeks in New England, and I ate clam chowder at many restaurants. I would have never guessed that my favorite clam chowder would be served at a BBQ restaurant. But, the clam chowder at Buck's Naked BBQ was exceptional.

Efficient, friendly service. Will definitely stop here again.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Very very busy but all the staff are so organised and efficient it was a pleasure to watch them at work.

The food is plentiful and delicious.
We sat next to the kitchen service area and they are so well organised.

The head cook who is apparently called a Kyle deserves a special mention,

Often when things run well, the engine room staff of a restaurant get forgotten.

Kyle was like the captain of a ship.

Been to Buck's Naked BBQ? Share your experiences!