“Solid Thai right in Falmouth”

Orchid Thai restaurant
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Orchid Thai is a regular place both for take-out and when one of us is dining alone. Right on Route 1 in Falmouth and from my perspective as good Thai as you can get downtown. The chicken sate is moist with a good peanut sauce. I like the Tom Yum Soup (either tofu or shrimp) - spicy, lots of kick, will clean your sinuses out. My particular faves are Larb Chicken salad; Sinapore (read: curry, angel-hair thin pasta with chicken and shrimp) rice noodle; spicy pad thai. There are always nice and interesting people at the bar.
The one small beef I have is that when calling for take-out, sometimes no one picks up. Either a new phone system or having someone dedicated at the front of the restaurant near the phone from 5:30 - 6:30 or so at night would be helpful.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I get take out all the time and frequent house guests request that we go to this restaurant. Favorite meal is spicy crispy duck but everything is delicious!

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

This thai restaurant is super clean and the staff so friendly. I have eaten pad thai, drunken noodle and fried rice. Drinks and apps are great too!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

The food is just so good, fresh, and presentation is beautiful and thoughtfully done. Never had any issues with service - attentive and efficient. Did I mention the food? For appetizers try the steamed butterflies and kra-tong thong. For dinner, the noodle bowls are my favorites.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We live about a mile away from Orchid Thai and have enjoyed it since it opened.
Authentic thai cuisine made from local fresh ingredients. As you can imagine the fish dishes are especially good because of our abundant fresh local seafood.
Besides the restaurant their is a modern tasteful bar which is a fun place to meet friends for a cocktail and share some appetizers. The decor has a pleasantly sophisticated vibe, a welcome change from the pub scene. Give it whirl, you won't be disappointed.